Aurora High School is a highly rated, public school located in Aurora, OH. It has 990 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Aurora High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+113 Students
- B107 Students
- A-95 Students
- A68 Students
- A-64 Students
- B+44 Students
- A+44 Students
- A36 Students
- A-34 Students
- B-28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Aurora High School
- ARevere High School
- Revere Local School District, OH
- 127 reviews
- AKenston High School
- Kenston Local School District, OH
- 203 reviews
- ABrecksville-Broadview Heights High School
- Brecksville-Broadview Heights City School District, OH
- 287 reviews
- A+Hudson High School
- Hudson City School District, OH
- 243 reviews
Aurora High School Reviews
I love the teachers and staff at Aurora High School. They will do anything to make sure you get the education you deserve, they are always there to help. This is the best aspect of this school. Yet there are some improvements I'd like to see. I would like to see more interesting classes being offered, such as foreign language. Not everybody wants to learn Spanish or French, some would love to learn Arabic, or perhaps Russian. The cafeteria food is not as healthy as it should be. Everyday, they serve pizza, french fries, popcorn, and cheese filled bread sticks. I would love to see healthier options being offered at school, such chicken breast, fruit salad, or even smoothies. I wish Aurora High School was more diverse, as we are a mainly Caucasian school, with the exception of a few African American students. I would love to see people from all over the world, I would love to see Saudi Arabians, Polish, and even Icelandic students.
Sure, academically I can see why this school is considered superior. But in several other aspects (like diversity and connection) this school is very poor. New students only fit in and excell when they are already acclaimated with the area. Students transferring from another district or state are often lost in all of the midst. The blinding light that shines from all of the academic achievement awards casts a long shadow over those who do not meet standards. But yeah, good job with being 200 something in the nation.
I am a first year student at Miami University in Oxford, OH. I graduated from Aurora High School in May, 2016 and looking back, I wouldn't trade my high school years for anything. Aurora High School offered me amazing opportunities throughout my time there. The staff is amazing and so helpful when you need anything. They definitely prepared me for college more than I expected. The whole atmosphere at Aurora High School is amazing because you can tell that everyone in authoritative positions just want the students to succeed and they will do anything they can to help. However, at times, I felt as though the restrictions that were put on us were a little strict and extreme considering the next year we were going to be heading off to college for complete freedom.