Aurora High School is a highly rated, public school located in Aurora, OH. It has 1,021 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Aurora High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+128 Students
- B121 Students
- A-107 Students
- A74 Students
- A-70 Students
- A+50 Students
- B+45 Students
- A40 Students
- A-38 Students
- B-34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Aurora High School
- ARevere High School
- Revere Local School District, OH
- 132 reviews
- AKenston High School
- Kenston Local School District, OH
- 209 reviews
- ABrecksville-Broadview Heights High School
- Brecksville-Broadview Heights City School District, OH
- 296 reviews
- A+Hudson High School
- Hudson City School District, OH
- 252 reviews
Aurora High School Reviews
Overall, as a student for 4 years, the experience could have been a lot worse. Most of the teachers were not horrible, and maintaining good grades was not impossible. The administration mainly cares about upholding its reputation, and often pressures students into taking challenging courses only to bump up its ratings. They care little about the students, especially those who are lower achievers, and only "nurture" the kids who are average or above average. The student body is overall fairly motivated to succeed, so it works out for them (to an extent). Overall though, the access to resources is obviously fairly high in such a wealthy community, so it definitely could be a lot worse.
Well funded school system but the priorities seem all out of wack. I personally have had a disappointing experience with counselors especially this year when it came to college applications. The lack of communication and the lack of knowledge on the faculty's behalf was startling and disappointing. On top of that, the faculty is very discouraging of programs such as CCP (college credit plus) and Excel Tech was disheartening. I am personally enrolled in an excel tech program for the performing arts and have found it to be one of the best decisions of my life thus far and has prepared me more for college in the last two years then Auorora has in the last 4.
I love the teachers and staff at Aurora High School. They will do anything to make sure you get the education you deserve, they are always there to help. This is the best aspect of this school. Yet there are some improvements I'd like to see. I would like to see more interesting classes being offered, such as foreign language. Not everybody wants to learn Spanish or French, some would love to learn Arabic, or perhaps Russian. The cafeteria food is not as healthy as it should be. Everyday, they serve pizza, french fries, popcorn, and cheese filled bread sticks. I would love to see healthier options being offered at school, such chicken breast, fruit salad, or even smoothies. I wish Aurora High School was more diverse, as we are a mainly Caucasian school, with the exception of a few African American students. I would love to see people from all over the world, I would love to see Saudi Arabians, Polish, and even Icelandic students.