Aurora High School is an above average, public school located in Aurora, NE. It has 394 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Aurora High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A77 Students
- B+55 Students
- A-34 Students
- B+31 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-23 Students
- B16 Students
- B-16 Students
- B+12 Students
- A-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 48 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Aurora High School
- B+Central City High School
- Central City Public Schools, NE
- 42 reviews
- B-Hampton High School
- Hampton Public Schools, NE
- 15 reviews
- BGiltner High School
- Giltner Public Schools, NE
- 17 reviews
- B+Heartland Community High School
- Heartland Community Schools, NE
- 11 reviews
Aurora High School Reviews
Aurora high school I feel is one of the best high schools in Nebraska because they provided us with so many opportunities and options. If it wasn't academics, we had sport and clubs to choose from. The moment we started our journey throughout school they started preparing us for our future. Senior year is when it gets real you can choose what school of your dreams you wanted to visit. Every year they do have a college and career day for the juniors and seniors to see what colleges in Nebraska and surrounding states have to offer for programs. Career day is to expand your horizons on picking something you love. Senior year they always have senior day which is a day where they show us and talk to us on how to prepare for college and the real world. I wouldn't have known what I wanted to do with my life if it wasn't for Aurora high school that provided me with those opportunities.
The teachers at this school are unique. Many of them go above and beyond their standards, they truly care for their students, explaining in careful detail about the mistakes and misunderstandings the students make. Many will take the time to meet with the student one-on-one to figure out better ways to help them learn easier. Most of the teachers at this school use games to help students learn more effectively, they use creativity and fun to make it easier and less stressful on their students. All of the teachers are well educated on the subjects they teach, many go beyond their criteria and branch out to other topics. They are very engaged in students' life and get to know them on a deeper level. A lot of the grading is based on effort, and is consistent with each teacher. Overall, the teachers at this school are extraordinary.
So far this school has been a very lively experience for me. From freshman year, you are introduced and get to know your teachers on a better level, some of them are coaches as well. The activities and events are enthusiastic and spontaneous, everyone is invited but is expected to act respectful. This school has many expectations for their students, like going above and beyond in effort, being respectful, etc. They pride themselves on these expectations. You can really tell the administration cares for the students as they strive to help push each one to where they will be most successful. I would choose this school again if I could do it all over as I've matured so much since being here, I've accomplished so much, it's really helped shape me into the best person I can be.