Aurora High School is a public school located in Aurora, MO. It has 636 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Aurora High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+46 Students
- C30 Students
- A30 Students
- A17 Students
- C+16 Students
- B15 Students
- B14 Students
- B-13 Students
- A-12 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Aurora High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Aurora High School
- B-Mt. Vernon High School
- Mt. Vernon R-V School District, MO
- 29 reviews
- B-Monett High School
- Monett R-I School District, MO
- 127 reviews
- BPierce City High School
- Pierce City R-VI School District, MO
- 46 reviews
- BMarionville High School
- Marionville R-IX School District, MO
- 20 reviews
Aurora High School Reviews
Overall, the teachers at Aurora High School go out of their way to make sure every student gets the best education they can provide. The teachers not only teach you, but they are also there for you when you are in need. They are willing to meet with you outside of school to better grow your education. What needs to be changed about the school is the communication between the district. There is a lot of miscommunications concerning grading.
Depending on the extracurricular, it can be awesome! Like, Choir is the bomb. We have a great music extracurriculars. TO BE HONEST.
Other than a few teacher, the staff is pretty standard. Technology is present and utilized, but to be honest most teachers are rather sub par. Most of this can be attributed to the low standard of learning. It is almost as though they are pushing students towards flipping burgers. However, most of the honors teachers and multiple elective teachers are great. They really try to engage their class and it makes for an enjoyable experience.