Aurora Central High School Reviews

I have been a student at ACHS for 3 years. I think that if a student is looking forward to entering college and take sat this school is definitely the last school you should go to, as for parents do not send your kids here. The clubs and sports do not really take place and often times teachers or coaches that guide the club or sports can be very rude. Overall, I think that if I had an opportunity to redo my high school I would definitely have moved to a better high school.
The diverse students and teachers make up the school and brings us together as one. Aurora Central High school gives students a chance to take any class they want and offer honors/AP classes for us and also allows us to earn college credit. I really like the fact that we can take college classes while still being a high school student. Something I would change is the classes, I would want more elective classes that will help us with our future careers. For example, more language classes like korean and Japanese would be nice.
The teachers help me a lot and the councilors get to class on time and i would like to see that they have more security in school.
Start Your Review of Aurora Central High School
All of the rule changes made the school a little bit worse than it was. But overall most of the teachers and staff are great people in which you can connect with
I like how this school has a lot of different races and we all get along. Everyone loves going to the biggest games of the year which is our rivalry game against Hinkley, also known as “Stinkley”. It gets really exciting and the football and basketball games against Hinkley.
What I like about Aurora Central High School is that they give students many opportunities to get us ready for the future. And when it comes to sports they have a lot of school excitement.
Aurora central high school is school that most people don't like because they don't treat students equally. Sometime security will keep you on learning center because you go get food in your car! If they want to be better, they should do the right thing before make the wrong decision
Between 2008 and 2012 Aurora Central High School was an okay school at best. Some teachers cared about the success of their students while others did not. The math curriculum is poor, unless you make it to avanced IB math.
Aurora central it the best school but it does not work for all students,it mostly work to those who work hard and who try their best.
It is a super dangerous school. Two homis died from drive by in area. Also it not that diverse it 95 percent minority and only black and mexican. Iy also got a gang problem if u get caught in the hall by a rival u gonna get jumped tjay what happened to my homie. The kids just smoke in the bathroom. And the neightboorhood is worst. Starting from 1st ave all the way up to 30th and east to yosemite and west to laredo is the hood. This the area where the gov olaced the aurora gang reduction so tjat says something. Stay out kf north and central aurora neighboorhoods
I would like more people helping to make Aurora Central High School A better school and i would love to see students there going getting in top 10's.
I enjoyed going to central i learned alot from attending there . i attended aurora central high school when i was a freshman and continued to go to aurora central high school when i was a sophomore.
Aurora School has this really amazing program called Aurora Lights. It really help student prepare for those who are interested in a medical field. It gives you college credits too!
I see Central as mediocre because of lazy teachers and uninterested students. The teachers seem to be more interested in getting done with the period than actually teaching. But, the other students don't want to learn and this effects everyone because no one is learning and nobody is helping each other prepare for our futures.
There are very few students at this school that care about education, and many less teachers. Only a handful of teachers at this school try to make an impact on student life and futures.
Aurora Central is a school full of diversity unlike any other school in Colorado. However since it is so different from other schools, it struggles to fit into the box that all other schools are forced to fit into as well. Low test scores and graduation rates are not essentially the school and staff's fault but the environment the children are raised in and how positively each one looks upon education.
I graduated as Valedictorian of Central, but I did not feel challenged at this school. I felt like the material went too slow because of No Child Left Behind and the fact that nearly half of the school is made of refugees. The biggest issue that I saw with this school was and still is with the administration. There may have been disciplinary procedures in place, but they were never fully enforced by the deans or even the principle.
Start Your Review of Aurora Central High School
Aurora central high school is a very good school even, teachers, counselors and staffs take good care on the students. But sometimes there are some fights it's not because of the school. It's just the students' background/behavior. Every single person has their own behavior. The school opened the door for my future and give many opportunities to the students. But it just depends on the students. If the student try hard, then he/she will be successful. So, the school has given many opportunities, we, students just have to grab those opportunities and walk into the bright future.
So, my experience at Aurora Central has been fairly good, but the only thing that I truly disliked has been the recent change in principal during my senior year of high school. I have to say, he has had his good moments but mainly has made many mistakes in the way that he has led our school. He made it a horrible place to attend throughout the entire year, especially with his decisions to fire the entire staff in replacement for some staff members, who in my opinion, were totally incompetent. However, all the other principals were perfect in my opinion. So as long this current principal decides to become less incompetent or unless another one comes to take his place, then my review still stands.
Aurora central high school is a great school, i studied there for four years and i loved it there, it makes me miss high school. They have great staff, the teachers are wonderful especially the counselors, my counselor was miss MCcoy, love her she is amazing. The school is very diverse you can find people from all over the world there and there are a lot of clubs and activates you can get involve in