Auburn Riverside High School Reviews

I love that Riverside is a place where teachers genuinely care about your educational experience and well being. It is a safe learning environment that makes a great effort to include all students, and there are very few things that I would change about it.
Auburn Riverside is a predominately white school, so as a person of color it was a terrible place to be. They would try to do a lot of "diversity" workshops and stuff but they came off racist 95% of the time. The teachers are nice except the ones that give you only 4 bathroom passes per semester.
A great school, provides a lot of resources for students from different backgrounds. There is a big variety of classes to choose from, starting with painting and ending with AP Calc.
Start Your Review of Auburn Riverside High School
Teachers could be a bit better with the students in the higher classes. The push for AP classes is unfair to those who are not prepared. The arts could also use more attention. Over all pretty good school.
One of the best things about Auburn Riverside High School is that it's so welcoming. There is a great concept used at Riverside which is called raven crew, the raven crew is made up of juniors and seniors who make it their job to welcome the freshman on the first day of school. I love raven crew because as a freshman I felt like I belonged, now the tables have turned and I will be part of the raven crew and I'm excited to make a freshman feel the same way I felt.
The only thing I would change at Riverside is shining more light on the band program. The band works very hard, they play for basketball games, football games, pep assemblys, and at graduation. This is just a glimpse of what the band does. Meanwhile, in the yearbook, they don't mention the band's accomplishments which really upset me because as a band student I"ve had to give up so much for the band and to not even be recognized for it is pretty disappointing.
Auburn Riverside lacks the feeling of everyone feeling connected to their school. Everyone has their own little groups and the ASB is one of those groups. They think everyone has pride but I’m reality it’s just them. School assemblies also are terrible.
ARHS is an amazing school! The staff and students are welcoming, inclusive, accepting, and supportive. I have loved my time here, and I am sad to leave. My involvement at ARHS, with the help of the teachers and staff, has prepared me for life after high school. My teachers have encouraged my future plans and have instilled confidence in my abilities to get there. I am so happy to have been a raven!
It's been pretty good so far, most teachers are nice, good facilities, good school spirit, and so far I really don't have many complaints, the only thing is that there needs to be more guards throughout the campus to make sure everyone is safe at Auburn Riverside
The teachers are helpful and the amount of work is doable if your have an average level of time management. School involvement is praised and encouraged. The school is safe and easy to get around. People are rather friendly and its a clean environment.
There are many great things about my school, but like many schools, improvements can be made, many of the people here are very nice, but many times not very focused.
White privilege is highly prevalent at this high school. Many of the students and teachers are racist and homophobic. You can't walk past the halls of this high school without hearing a homophobic or racist slur thrown around. The behavior and actions of some students are disturbing and hateful towards minorities. There are a few teachers who actually teach and are caring towards the students. However, that is not true for all.
I like Auburn Riverside because the community works together and has an amazing bond with each other. The teachers actually care about their students passing their class and making the right decisions to further their career. I would like to see a change in how our school spirit is. Our sports are all so good and having more crowd involvement and school spirit would be great.
I like how everyone is welcoming and no judging everyday. The one thing they could work on is the spirit days the pick.
I love Auburn Riverside High School. Majority of the students are kind and there is generally little to no bullying in the school. If I could go back I would, it has treated me well these past four years.
I was able to experience the warmth of openness to this, I was able to easily get used to the environment since there is a lot of students and staff who are friendly and very helpful. I also going to school since there are a lot people who makes my day a day to remember
I love Auburn Riverside high school, it is so welcoming and is a good place to be. I have had the best teachers in my life at this school. Everyday this school makes me feel great about going.
Auburn Riverside was an acceptable high school that I attended. Being involved with music, their music department has been the best experience for me because of the diversity and commitment that Fager, Stenson, and Wagner put in. The students at Auburn Riverside was fantastic with clubs, ASB, DECA, and other activities. This school had a well diverse student population and appreciated cultures when they had the chance. There was even a culture fair where students of different culture gave out food to other students to give a rich taste of cultures during lunch period. The teachers were also committed to students learning which made Auburn Riverside's reputation of teacher involvement tremendous! Overall, I would recommend this school out of all the Auburn school and perhaps other schools in different cities.
Start Your Review of Auburn Riverside High School
"How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard?" - Winnie the Pooh. This sums up my feelings about my school as I enter senior year of high school education.
As a freshmen I was intimidated by the whole idea of high school and believe my intimidation that year, hindered some of the opportunities I could have taken. Although, at Riverside, they do a day where chosen seniors welcome freshmen into the school without everyone else there in order to get them adjusted. I was inspired by my schools effort to welcome every person that steps through its doors.
One thing I would change about my school is its tendency to the formation of cliques. If it were my own perfect world, the band kids and football kids would be able to sit next to each other without being made fun of. I would wish away these barriers because I think it withholds a lot of growth from prospering.
I like the family aspect of Auburn Riverside High School. When you walk through the doors, you feel like you belong. There are not separate groups of people standing together with similar personalities, but clusters of many different personalities laughing and having fun together! At Riverside, you are treated like you have a purpose. Everyone there is accepting and understanding, from the students to the staff. One thing that could change however is to gain more student involvement in school spirit. More students need to cheer on their classmates at sporting events. To truly be like a family, we need to support each other in every way possible.
I had the pleasure of attending Auburn Riverside for all four years of High School. This school boats a welcoming community with teachers and staff who make it a priority to help their students achieve their goals. Auburn Riverside features a wide variety of activities, clubs, sports, etc. for students to participate in and many resources for the student body to take advantage of. Moreover, students who wish to take challenging courses have that opportunity here with many AP and honors courses offered. Overall, the experience I had at Auburn Riverside High School was very positive and helped contribute immensely toward my path to a post-secondary education.