Auburn Mountainview High School Reviews

Auburn Mountainview high school is a diverse school that offers many opportunities towards academic success. The teachers show effort and passion towards the students' academic career and future post graduation. They also provide many resources to help each individual student explore opportunities and pursue pathways after high school. The high school also offers many opportunities to become involved in various activities and athletics. The athletic aspect of the school gives a sense of unity, ethics, and hard work.
Auburn Mountainview is a great high school, and a safe environment compare to others. There is very few drug and abuse problems at school and all in all I feel very comfortable and safe going there. They have great staff and teachers who actual care and are willing to help out your students have the best high school and into college career. My only small complaint would be that I wish the school would provide a bigger variety of sports and clubs. But kids can start their own if they get enough people. I would defienly reccomed this school !
Auburn Mountainview has honestly given me one of the best experiences in school. The faculty genuinely cares about their students and makes a conscious effort to improve their students learning abilities. If there was anything about the school that I would change, I would make it so that the school put more emphasis on things such as honors society or even clubs. A lot of the school's focus is on sports over these other things. Academics is always priority as it should be, but the other interests of students are often overshadowed as the school emphasizes certain sports beacuse of their success.
Start Your Review of Auburn Mountainview High School
I had just moved there from Bellevue and its a nice school. I have made a lot of new friends already and its amazing.
Overall my high school experience at Auburn Mountainview High School has been mostly pleasant, quite eventful, and generally great educationally. I have had some of the most wonderful teachers at AMHS and without them I am not entirely sure I would have a plan for college, let alone passions to follow. The staff is mostly friendly, and the students are much the same. There are so many opportunities at AMHS, both in classes and extracurricular activities that give students the chance to discover things about themselves.
The staff is the worst part in my opinion. I was very involved at my school, taking many leadership positions. The security guard, Ken Elliot, isn't just a security guard, he's an employee who makes it his job to go out and personally ruin your day for the smallest things, whereas students from neighboring schools in Kent report that their security guards go out of their way to be friendly and learn people's names and ask them how they're doing, while maintaining order on campus. The teachers, for the most part, lack knowledge of being a teacher. Sure some teachers, like Dr. Baumstark, may be fantastic in terms of knowledge, but when it comes to actually teaching, there are clearly no teaching skills available. The students are expected to do everything in terms of setting up events for the school, it's as if there is no staff involvement whatsoever, and the overall atmosphere of the school is depressing and somber due to the lack of any motivation or positivity whatsoever.
Overall Mountainview is a good school with a variety of clubs and activities, the teachers are very helpful as well. There aren't very many food options but overall it's alright.
Many of the teachers are great and willing to work with students. They are interested in students learning the material and working hard. The administration can be difficult if you decide to do running start. There is also a huge push to do AP classes, and as a result a lot of students who shouldn't take that kind of work load are.
Teachers are nice and helpful, I enjoyed the classes provided. There are a variety of classes to take.
Pretty good school. The teachers are mostly really good. The counselors are all very nice, but very busy. Overall, its a good school.
I love AMHS so much. I transferred from a different district when I started high school my freshman year, and immediately I felt welcomed and embraced. The atmosphere is welcoming, and there are so many ways to find friends through clubs, sports, and leadership activities. The teachers are all really great, and have a passion for helping kids, which makes for lots of learning. Auburn Mountainview has the most wonderful principal, and lots of diverse activities held each year. For example, we have a Multi-cultural fair twice a year, and it's enjoyed by everyone old and young! Our great staff, kind students, school pride, and loving atmosphere make it a wonderful place to attend school each day. We truly are the greatest high school in America, and as always, go lions!
Auburn Mountainview HS had lots of activities for students. Their sports were plentiful and lots of students participated. AMHS had lots of clubs and other activities as well such as ASB, Key Club, and more. There were lots of great teachers that cared about students and wanted them to succeed. The school had a great program called core/choice during which students had 30 minutes in the day to either have free time or get extra tutoring if need be.
This school is filled with many russians. Although most teachers are great there are still some that don't have much knowledge.
There is many classes to suit anyone. Of course the popular classes are what you need to graduate. Workload can be stressful, especially when you are taking AP classes, have a job and are trying to make it to Friday's football game.
Very diverse. Everyone accepts everyone.
Where do I start, we offer so many different clubs at our school. Some I probably don't even know about because the list goes on. Although we have a wide range, we have something for everybody.
Well I came into middle school, not knowing anybody. I was the new kid. Everyone there made me feel so welcome. That is also true for high school. I surely left most of my friends but AMHS is surrounded by amazing kids. I truly have found my best friends at this school. I would totally choose this school again if i had the choice.
Start Your Review of Auburn Mountainview High School
I love the teachers at my school. The quality is spectacular, teachers genuinely care about the learning environment. The teaching style is great because they will really keep enforcing what they taught in other lessons. I love AMHS, the staff is a big part of why our school is so amazing.
The principal will jokingly say that this school is the best school on earth. By that, I mean the principal honestly means it, but everyone takes it as a joke. But after three full years here, I'm inclined to agree. This school goes above and beyond in taking care of its students. Sure it's not the absolute highest quality, but no one could fairly expect that given the city it's located in. For all it has and where it is, it still manages to provide the best everything for its students and no one could ask for more.
While there are a select few that don't seem to know quite what they're doing and leave you puzzled as to how they got hired in the first place, the majority of the teachers are very knowledgable, and care deeply for their students.