Auburn High School Reviews

Auburn High School was a great experience for me. I got to make new friendships and also further my education. The teachers are great. They always make sure the students aren't behind on work. I couldn't have experienced high school anywhere else.
Auburn High School's Gifted Program is stellar. I really appreciate the gifted teachers and the high achieving mentality shared by all the students in the program. This year the CAPA program lacks an art teacher and a dance teacher. This is highly disappointing and a major drawback if you are part of either of these programs.
I graduated from here in 2015, and am surprized to see how highly this site rates the school. I had a great time at Aunurn, but that's only because I basically screwed around the entire time. In total, I graduated with only two math classes, and only two history classes, the only classes I had all 4 years were English and JROTC. I played Halo all through my Econ class and somehow passed. I remember the police came in with riot gear twice while I was there. And dont get me started on the administration, my wallet chain was confiscated from me once because they called it a weapon. It was attachted to my wallet, I'm not going to swing that around, but the 35ibs backpack I had could definatly do some damage. Unless you are going into the Renaissance (GT) program, don't go here.
Start Your Review of Auburn High School
The gifted academic program is very good compared to many others in our area, but it is probably considerably average in other areas.
I like that the teachers really try to help you out & counclers really try to put you in classes that fit for what you want to be when you get older/ go to college. I personally haven’t had any problems with the school.
I have been at Auburn high school four years now, in the beginning it was an exciting experience everything seemed under control for the next three years. So far my senior year has been a train wrek between mold on fruit to small lunch portions to my principals /administrations poor decisions to my favorite CAPA art teacher leaving to kids dying left and right in my city it's been a mess. My school counselor is sick and out for a few months and can't help her seniors to prepare for college and scholarships like she would so now I am put at the bottom of another counselor's list. I really love my school and it's spirit but it's a rough start.
I enjoy the Creative and Performing Arts program very much. I think that there should be more school spirit and better communication about clubs and events.
The gifted program is fantastic, and I love the students both within the program and outside of the program at Auburn. The administration, however, has posed themselves opposite and away from students, and it is hard to trust them.
Auburn High School has wonderful, caring teachers who do their best to help their students learn. I have noticed, however, in my experience at this school, that student integrity and honesty over assignments were not very evident, but this may not be the case for the majority of the student body at this school. The students are friendly nonetheless, and there is a great amount of diversity. The school has a Gifted Academy/Renaissance Program that students may test into before they enroll at this school, which can help them with college readiness by encouraging enrollment in AP courses and more rigorous assignments. Auburn High School also has a CAPA Program for the students involved in the Creative And Performing Arts, which provides students with many opportunities to perform in several different places and compete with different schools.
The gifted program st auburn is full of great teachers willing to help you out and improve. The CAPA program has amazing teachers who want to see you succeed. It is because of the teachers in CAPA that have encouraged me to pursue acting as a career. At one point it was something I was reluctant to be apart of, but now it’s what I love and want to continue doing. Some of the people who attend here that I have met in this school are great influences.
It needs to be updated in terms of aesthetics; everything is very outdated. Especially things like heat and air, that would be needed. But the overall experience is amazing. If you really think about it, it is a very good school.
Going into Auburn High School, I was terrified. Everyone, including myself, had the idea that Auburn would be full of bullies, bullies, and more bullies. To be completely honest, Auburn High School was the best school I could've gone to. The teachers, and staff overall, were outstanding and always around to help whoever. I wouldn't have gone to any other high school if I could.
I was apart of the Creative and Preforming Arts program. Made many great friends, was involved in a lot of the arts. Enjoyed being immensely involved with the theatre department.
I went to Auburn high school from 2008-2012. I can honestly say that I enjoyed my four years, and that's because I was active in the school. I was a member of the golf team, baseball team, national honor society, and sports communications program. I feel that the more clubs and events I was in, the more I got to know the students and faculty. There will always be a stigma on Auburn because of the location, and bad press we receive. Just remember that high school is where you become who you are, and its ultimately your decision on the outcome.
My experience with Auburn High School began with the Gifted program, which has a reputation for being exclusive and posh. However, I quickly assimilated the diverse collection of races, ethnicities, religions, family backgrounds, and personalities. Auburn stands out with its dedicated teaching staff. These educators glow with such palpable dedication to their craft. Beyond that, the community feels particularly welcoming. Everybody has their niche, and bullying is rare almost unheard of. Sports teams succeed and school spirit consistently runs high due to the hard work of the coaches and athletes alike. The facilities are not pristine, but continue to improve. Painting efforts along with additions such as the field house and lower cafeteria brighten up the campus. Overall, my experience at Auburn has not only prepared me for my future in college and the workforce, but exposed me to the elements that molded me into the man I am today. I highly recommend it to any and all youth.
I am currently in the gifted program and I believe that it has successfully prepared me to take on college. The best party about Auburn High School is the diversity that is present.
I really enjoy some of the programs at auburn, like the gifted program and CAPA program since it allows so much room for improvement in academics and creativity. The teachers are so wonderful and truly prepare students for college and life outside the classroom. Yet, I really wish to see more improvement with some of the policies and administration.
Start Your Review of Auburn High School
The education and diversity I experienced here has made me who I am. I attended the gift program they offer with accelerated classes and the teachers truly care about your future and well being.
My teachers at Auburn were great, and many of them changed my life. The administration, however, is the worst I have heard of / seen in the Rockford area. It is quite sad that the school is being ruined by an awful principal.
I belong to the Gifted Academy, so Auburn gave me a rigorous academic experience that challenged me as I went and helped me to prepare for college through experience.