Auburn High School is an above average, public school located in Auburn, NY. It has 1,242 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Auburn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-71 Students
- A47 Students
- A30 Students
- A+28 Students
- B28 Students
- A+25 Students
- C25 Students
- B+24 Students
- B24 Students
- B+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Auburn High School
- B-Waterloo High School
- Waterloo Central School District, NY
- 47 reviews
- B-Moravia Junior/Senior High School
- Moravia Central School District, NY
- 16 reviews
- BSouthern Cayuga 7-12 Secondary School
- Southern Cayuga Central School District, NY
- 33 reviews
- B-Weedsport Junior/Senior High School
- Weedsport Central School District, NY
- 22 reviews
Auburn High School Reviews
Attending Auburn High School has been one of the greatest and worst times of my life. I have made great friends, worked with great teachers, and overall improved my knowledge. While some teachers provided me with all knowledge possible, others handed out worksheets and stared at computers without teaching all year. I would like to see teachers becoming more involved with their students. Also, I would like to see students being nicer to each other. My school was full of bullying and students feeling judged. I hope the future will bring these people together as one.
Many programs, clubs, classes offered here. Most teachers enjoy their jobs and are very helpful in preparing for further education. There are improvements that need to be made but overall an okay experience.
The teachers at this school are amazing besides the outlier of one or two people. The teachers are creative when they teach as well as very educated on the subjects they teach. My AP Chemistry teacher even won an award that every science teacher in the state was eligible for. The teachers build positive relationships with as many students as possible and make the material interesting!