Auburn High School Reviews

In my four years at Auburn High School, I have definitely enjoyed my experiences here. It's not perfect (who is?), but the community, academics, and extracurricular programs make it a great school where fun and learning coexist. That's why I'm proud to be a Trojan.
The school has a lot of Advanced Placement classes for advanced students who are looking to continue their education in college. The teachers and staff seem to be more worried about being the students’ friends instead of instilling school and classroom rules. Bullying is a big problem at this school and there has been multiple suicides in the community due to bullying. The school is and has always been very clichés. The Football program led by Coach Bates is top notch, but a lot of the money allocated for sports goes to the football program before other sports. They do offer Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, Golf, and Girls Soccer as well as cheerleading. The School district also tries their best to stay towards the top as far as technology and current curriculum goes, but as many schools in Illinois they can only do so much since the state is behind on all their education payments.
I really don't know where to begin. First of all, for a teacher to tell my wife and I, that our child only needs "survival skills" to get along in life, is totally an unacceptable attitude for a teacher. The principal of the school, agreeing with this teacher, telling us he backs up his teachers! The teachers do not care what happens to the students, just as long as they get that pay raise! I think it rates just about as bad as Springfield public schools, if not worse!
Start Your Review of Auburn High School
I love my high school. We have all the resources available in bigger schools, but we are a smaller town outside of the capitol city of Springfield, IL, so our class size is only 90 students. I have made life-long friends. The teachers know us well, and the whole community seems interested in our welfare.
The one thing I would change is the fact that there is no soccer team for the boys in high school. I would have loved to have had the opportunity to play soccer for Auburn High School.
Auburn is a good school, but it is held back by it's lack of funding. The school emphasizes sports over arts, and cuts art and music program funding each year. The school only offers Spanish as a foreign language. Auburn does not offer any duel credit programs to for college credit. The school has many quality teachers who overcome the lack of funds to provide a welcoming and efficient learning environment.
My experience at Auburn High School has been wonderful. The teachers are wonderful and all the students are nice and welcoming. We also have some pretty good Coaches. I love going to school and seeing my teachers and the students. Everybody smiles at me and I just have a good time. There's some days were It can be challenging, but all you have to do is stay calm, positive, and stay strong. The changes I would like to have done is if we can put a HVAC in the gymnasium to have the people feel more comfortable and welcome. It's too hot in my gym.
The teachers at Auburn High School aren't the best but not the worst. They try their best to make sure everyone is where they need to be on grades. They are willing to take time away from themselves to make sure students have a chance to get back on track. The teachers have faith and believe in the students here at auburn.
I love this school. There is a lot of support and school spirit, especially in sports. However, there are some things that lack the effort they need. We need teachers who are intelligent beyond textbook knowledge and passionate about what they are teaching. Teachers who get and keep students involved with and engaged in the material they are teaching.
Some teachers are incredible- extremely knowledgeable in their field and exceptional at teaching it. Others, however, are not. They seem to not know more than we do and present lessons that are not engaging and hardly keep me awake.
there's bugs in the lights and we've found rats in the lights as wekk
Scholastic bowl is great !
Besides the music department most wasn't that fun
Some teachers like their jobs and others genuinely like failing students
They keep us as safe as possible in an average high school
I love the bonds that form from the extra curriculars at my school, those bonds are amazing and extraordinary
My teachers have all been great and caring, and are always willing to adjust to whatever I need
Being a high school senior I personally have not participated in many extra curricular activities, which looking back now I am sorry for. I have seen many of my peers join after school activities and it forms great friendships at my school and I just hope with the small time I have left at my school i can make friends using after school activities.
Start Your Review of Auburn High School
It is a school with a lot of fights and drugs.
It helped me find myself
Overall quality of teachers is above average. They are knowledgeable and consistent with grading. The teaching style seems to be the same for most all of them. There are different ways a student can learn. It would be great if there were enough teachers to teach students who learn in a different way.