Auburn High School Reviews

Auburn High school is okay school. Average teachers, average facility, and average students. Academic wise it isn't that great because it is the only high school in auburn area but it isn't too bad. Teachers care about students but their ability to teach them isn't very good.
Brand new school with lots of sports and extracurricular activities. Love the show choir and theatre departments. All the newest technology- smart boards and iPads for all students. Lots of windows- natural light and can eat outside for lunch.
Auburn High School has multiple different clubs and activities to get involved in for many different interests. The school has a mostly friendly environment.
Start Your Review of Auburn High School
I love Auburn High School. The sports are top notch and the people ate the nicest in a school that I have ever met. There is definitely diversity which is a great way learn more about people. Everybody is friendly and I have never been bullied here. They do have glass walls, which can be nice for some outside sun to get in, but I'm unsure about the safety precautions. The academics are amazing, it's challenging but just enough so you actually learn more and you are still able to do good. There are a lot of different clubs that you can join, just about any you can think of. They have a very, very nice and (now) a brand new facility. It's clean and well kept. They have good resources and I'm able to get things done. I'm so glad I went here! I would want to go nowhere else!
I graduated from Auburn High School with Advanced Diploma. I enjoyed attending it. It has fairly large size campus, and many green spaces. Cafeteria has five dining options everyday.
Recently, there has definitely been a lot more clubs and activities that students can do. Tiger time, implented last year, was very successful and allowed students to focus more during school thanks to this one hour break to eat lunch and do homework. I have to say that this school's AP/IB program is great, IF they have a qualified teacher. There are some teachers that are not very qualified, but have tenure and look good due to high exam scores because students self-study the material instead of learning in class where they should learn material. These types of teachers are rare, but present. As a student, I feel as if the school doesn't care whether we feel the teachers are competent or not, and they never ask us for feedback. One a positive note, technology is great with smart boards in every room and iPads for every student. There have been new security measures taken, but unfortunately, nothing has been done about the glass walls that cover the school.
The variety of classes, clubs, and programs offered at Auburn High has made my experience both challenging and exciting. Our campus is open and inviting, and it's a fun environment to learn in. More tutoring opportunities for ACT and SAT tests would be helpful.
As an alum of Auburn High School, I can say that my experience was excellent. The academic opportunities that was presented to me and fellow classmates were outstanding. Being able to take courses that challenged me and make me think outside of the box was great! At Auburn High, I saw great leadership qualities from teachers, students,as well as parents. I am so proud to be an alum from this credible high school.
I really enjoyed the overall size of Auburn High School. The diversity of students really allowed me to become friends with people from all walks of life and this changed my overall perspective on the world. It also allowed for challenging courses and high level athletics.
The school puts tremendous emphasis and resources on STEM education as well as variety sports for their students to engage in. Also, diverse student bodies encourage everyone to tolerate and respect each other.
I didn't go into high school expecting to like it and now that I've endured it for 3 years I can confirm that it is not a fun time. However, Auburn High School does a good job of making high school a bit more enjoyable. Most of the teachers here are fantastic and passionate about what they teach and genuinely care about their students. The arts programs are great and have been very successful in the years I’ve been here, and students seem to enjoy being in them. In addition, there are a lot of great clubs offered and students are encouraged to get involved.
I like Auburn High School, because they really care about my education. They teach at a great pace and there is always help available. I love how the school is so much bigger now, everything has more room to move and breathe. The teachers and the quality of the school really makes me appreciate everything. Some schools aren't as updated and nice as mine is. They encourage us everyday to be the best that we can be.
Auburn High School is the best high school to attend. With all the high-tech new technology from the new school is just amazing. It’s very diverse, you will meet people that will make you feel as if you’ve been there your entire life. The teachers,counselors, and principals will help you in any way. Auburn High is the best!
The new high school building is fabulous- brand new this year with 3 floors and a basement, wide hallways and stairs, a pleasant courtyard, a squishy blue track, and lots of natural light and windows. Also, the wide variety of classes is a nice assest, especially all the AP courses available with great teachers!
I love all of the teachears and staff. We were fairly prepared for college because auburn high school valued academics. If I could change anything, it would be the school lunch. A child should not have to pay for school lunch and some families can’t afford school lunch even if they get reduced prices.
I enjoyed Auburn High School. The band is great and supportive. I made great friends and enjoyed learning and preparing for collage.
Auburn High School is not your typical high school. My school provides a lot of opportunities. Lots of classes are offered with IB and AP classes included. There electives that we may choose from. We have a great work based learning program and career tech classes as well. My school also pays for us to take the EMT course at our local community college. There are many clubs that we can join or create ourselves after they have been approved. We have a variety of variety sports teams that are offered. Our school building is brand new and spacious. We have Tiger Time where we just have unstructured time with teacher supervision to relax and eat for an hour before resuming classes. The school is very nice in general and the police officers and canine makes me feel a little better about have glass windows all around the school and throughout the hallways in all classes except the ones in the basement, which serve as a weather shelter area.
Start Your Review of Auburn High School
Auburn high school campus is big and has a lot of classes. Auburn high school offers AP classes so some students can take advanced classes in order to prepare for college. Also teachers in Auburn High school are nice and they are willing to help students.
I liked it overall because I had fun in many situations and I can admit that Auburn High school is better than many high schools out there. I also know that since Auburn High is run by adults who are human beings, this high school is not perfect.
The administration adds in cool perks that seems cool until a closer looks reveals it need more planning.
They do not seem to realize household diversity is a thing and not every home has a good enough studying environment for a student to balance both grades an mental health.
Some of the teachers are unprofessional enough that they aren't actually qualified to be teaching high school students.
The cafeteria has edible food but they charged a quarter more since last school year with no change to the menu aside from adding a napkin to the utensil set. There is no more dessert and yet we pay more than at the Junior High. They have added better side food (drinks, snacks, etc) but at an expensive extra price.
Auburn High School, though in the plains of Alabama, meets and often exceeds the standards and level of education of a Birmingham school. It has by far the best quality of education in the area, and it fosters a unique, diverse environment for students.