Auburn High School is an elite, public school located in Auburn, AL. It has 1,731 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Auburn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A492 Students
- A168 Students
- A166 Students
- B135 Students
- C+113 Students
- B106 Students
- A-70 Students
- A+62 Students
- B-60 Students
- A+51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Auburn High School Reviews
I am a proud Auburn High School student who loves being involved, and AHS gives students of all kinds this opportunity. I am the captain of the girl's golf team, and the support and encouragement given to our athletic teams and clubs by the teachers and administrators is outstanding. Not to mention, the new building is immaculate and such a beautiful and bright learning environment. I feel like I am going to be prepared for college too because of the wonderful academics and the wide variety of classes offered. Overall, I love my school, and I believe Auburn High School is one of the best schools in the country!
Auburn High School is not your typical high school. My school provides a lot of opportunities. Lots of classes are offered with IB and AP classes included. There electives that we may choose from. We have a great work based learning program and career tech classes as well. My school also pays for us to take the EMT course at our local community college. There are many clubs that we can join or create ourselves after they have been approved. We have a variety of variety sports teams that are offered. Our school building is brand new and spacious. We have Tiger Time where we just have unstructured time with teacher supervision to relax and eat for an hour before resuming classes. The school is very nice in general and the police officers and canine makes me feel a little better about have glass windows all around the school and throughout the hallways in all classes except the ones in the basement, which serve as a weather shelter area.
Auburn is such a great town!. It is peaceful and quiet. All the people are very loving and caring. The school system is wonderful. It provides many opportunities such as sports, arts, and etc. Most of all it is full of great teachers who come to work everyday to inspire and build future teachers, doctors, and lawyers. They devote their time to making sure all of their students are wise and aware of knowledge and even the challeges of life. They encourage their students to reach for the stars and be greater than they can imagine. I love my dear ole Auburn!