Auburn High School is an elite, public school located in Auburn, AL. It has 1,731 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Auburn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A459 Students
- A152 Students
- A152 Students
- B129 Students
- C+107 Students
- B100 Students
- A-71 Students
- A+62 Students
- B-57 Students
- A+50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Auburn High School Reviews
I am a proud Auburn High School student who loves being involved, and AHS gives students of all kinds this opportunity. I am the captain of the girl's golf team, and the support and encouragement given to our athletic teams and clubs by the teachers and administrators is outstanding. Not to mention, the new building is immaculate and such a beautiful and bright learning environment. I feel like I am going to be prepared for college too because of the wonderful academics and the wide variety of classes offered. Overall, I love my school, and I believe Auburn High School is one of the best schools in the country!
Auburn is such a great town!. It is peaceful and quiet. All the people are very loving and caring. The school system is wonderful. It provides many opportunities such as sports, arts, and etc. Most of all it is full of great teachers who come to work everyday to inspire and build future teachers, doctors, and lawyers. They devote their time to making sure all of their students are wise and aware of knowledge and even the challeges of life. They encourage their students to reach for the stars and be greater than they can imagine. I love my dear ole Auburn!
Academics are very important to me, and I have been generally pleased with my academic experience at Auburn High School. I appreciate that my school offers a wide variety of advanced courses. I have taken several AP courses and have found them to be challenging and informative. I have had excellent teachers over the past two years that have not only thoroughly covered their respective subjects, but also prepared me for the college application process. I enjoy the diversity of the students and teachers at Auburn High. I am excited about my high school's upcoming move to a new location this fall, as the facility appears to be very nice. The main aspect of my school I would like to see improve is the overall school culture. Auburn is a relatively large high school, and as a result, there are many students in my class I do not know at all. While I am extremely grateful for the diversity of Auburn’s student body, I would like to experience a greater sense of community with my peers.