Auburn High School is a top rated, public school located in Auburn, AL. It has 1,748 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Auburn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A559 Students
- A190 Students
- A190 Students
- B150 Students
- C+125 Students
- B120 Students
- A-78 Students
- A+75 Students
- B-66 Students
- A+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Auburn High School Reviews
I love Auburn High School. The sports are top notch and the people ate the nicest in a school that I have ever met. There is definitely diversity which is a great way learn more about people. Everybody is friendly and I have never been bullied here. They do have glass walls, which can be nice for some outside sun to get in, but I'm unsure about the safety precautions. The academics are amazing, it's challenging but just enough so you actually learn more and you are still able to do good. There are a lot of different clubs that you can join, just about any you can think of. They have a very, very nice and (now) a brand new facility. It's clean and well kept. They have good resources and I'm able to get things done. I'm so glad I went here! I would want to go nowhere else!
As an alum of Auburn High School, I can say that my experience was excellent. The academic opportunities that was presented to me and fellow classmates were outstanding. Being able to take courses that challenged me and make me think outside of the box was great! At Auburn High, I saw great leadership qualities from teachers, students,as well as parents. I am so proud to be an alum from this credible high school.
I am a proud Auburn High School student who loves being involved, and AHS gives students of all kinds this opportunity. I am the captain of the girl's golf team, and the support and encouragement given to our athletic teams and clubs by the teachers and administrators is outstanding. Not to mention, the new building is immaculate and such a beautiful and bright learning environment. I feel like I am going to be prepared for college too because of the wonderful academics and the wide variety of classes offered. Overall, I love my school, and I believe Auburn High School is one of the best schools in the country!