Attica Senior High School
- ATTICA, NY
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade C
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Attica Senior High School is a public school located in ATTICA, NY. It has 415 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Attica Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus52 Students
- grade B minus50 Students
- grade B minus32 Students
- grade B minus28 Students
- grade B+26 Students
- grade B21 Students
- grade A minus20 Students
- grade B minus20 Students
- grade B18 Students
- grade A17 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Attica Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responses
- Home coming32%
- Pep rallies5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$20,458 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Schools like Attica Senior High School
- grade B minusWarsaw Middle/Senior High School
- Warsaw Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 27 reviews
- grade B minusOakfield-Alabama Middle/High School
- Oakfield-Alabama Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.52 out of 5 62 reviews
- grade BPerry Sr. High School
- Perry Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 25 reviews
- grade B minusPembroke Junior/Senior High School
- Pembroke Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 84 reviews
Attica Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.44 out of 5 55 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Attica High School has many college opportunities for students and teachers that are great at their jobs. While my experience there social wise was difficult due to having just switched schools, I believe it is a good school. I've taken a couple of college classes and made a few friends due to my involvement in a few extracurricular activities. I am excited to go to school next year, which is the opposite of what I would typically say about school. I have good plans for my senior year that will make my schooling a bit more about what I want, and not what I need. It is going to be a year devoted to learning more about myself. The teachers have been really supportive of my interests, and the school has opened new opportunities for me to be involved in. I am going to be joining a creative writing class next year, and I cannot wait to meet more people with similar interests. I believe that the education makes the school worth being at, even when I don't always feel like I know my place.
The academics are very good compared to other schools in the area. My grade is very competitive to get the better grade. Some of the teachers are amazing and the way with the way they teach and work with the kids. A couple of them weren't as good as the others but they weren't awful. However, the food is absolutely awful and so is the community. I initially went to a smaller school where almost every one got along and at Attica, nearly everybody hated me. There are so many cliques and so much drama it's not even funny. Despite the kids who go there, the turn out for certain sports teams is always nice, lots of people go. Our guidance counselors also start with college presentations while we're in eleventh grade and we have a college fair every year. So, even though the people suck, the school and the teachers and people who are in charge do a very good job and getting people ready for college.
I guess I had a pretty average high school career at Attica. Really appreciate the chance to take college credit courses offered. Most teachers are amazing, while like any school, some should just leave. Lots of clubs, sports, or other activities to join in on.