Atoka High School is a public school located in Atoka, OK. It has 335 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Atoka High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-51 Students
- A46 Students
- A38 Students
- B-33 Students
- B19 Students
- B+18 Students
- B+16 Students
- C+16 Students
- B-14 Students
- A13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Atoka High School Reviews
Atoka High School has many options when it comes to tailoring a career plan for you. They put in time and effort to ensure EVERY student has the best pathway to whatever their future may hold. I love this school, because the teachers, students, and staff are so eager to help out in any way they can. They use programs such as ICAP, and OK CAREER GUIDE to map out a college plan for all students. Every student gets 3 free meals a day, including breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack at 3:00. There are also many options as far as electives goes. Kids can choose between many sports, weightlifting, band, FFA, FFCLA, FCA, art, NHS, and many, many others. I love going to Atoka, and am excited to see what the future holds for me.
When it comes to Atoka there’s very few good things I can say about the school as a whole, but the good things I can say far outweigh the bad. Atoka is a small town and the school feels even smaller, and I wish some of the teachers cared more about their students and their jobs. It’s hard to learn something when the teacher doesn’t care about the subject. However the teachers who do care are amazing and they will do everything they can to help you learn and succeed. When it comes to athletics Atoka is lacking something but I’m not quite sure what it is. The coaches have become somewhat of a second family for me and the will do everything they can to help you succeed. All in all Atoka may appear to be just another average Highschool but it can become something special and in an odd way I’ve grown to love the school and it’s staff.
I enjoy the extracurricular activities that this school has to offer. The academics are up to par as well. I believe Atoka has made me more 'college ready'. The only thing I would like to change is the cafeteria food, and the few teachers who have bad attitudes. Other than that, my experience has been pretty good!