Atlantic High School is a public school located in Port Orange, FL. It has 1,102 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
Atlantic High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C183 Students
- A-152 Students
- A+131 Students
- A128 Students
- A81 Students
- B+78 Students
- A+73 Students
- B+66 Students
- B53 Students
- B+49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Atlantic High School Reviews
The best school with the most helpful staff. The school of opportunity! They are wall to wall academies, they also have 3 gold star academies. It also is very helpful in learning what you want to do and major in for college. It also has the AVID program that I was in that help me get ready for college.
It is an amazing school for opportunity and equality. The clubs could be more involved and structurally significant, but overall everything at Atlantic High is opportunity oriented and friendly. The education has great structure to it, and I am flying through my college classes now because of what I learned in high school. Atlantic High is parterned with Daytona State College, as well as Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (my future college). The high school is able to offer both classes from Daytona State and Embry Riddle (both of which I took in high school). I have several credits towards Embry Riddle already.
My experience at Atlantic High was neither pleasing or horrible. It was an average school that I went to because I prioritized my education rather in social circles or extracurricular activities. The class system was not that engaging, but the curriculum did provide excellent learning material for that particular subject. The students were very diverse, and I did make a few close acquaintances during the school year. In my opinion, I think that they should improve their facilities as the buildings are loosing their luster. I also think that they should connect with the students more and build a relationship with them while learning and teaching them during the school year.