Atlantic High School is an above average, public school located in Port Orange, FL. It has 1,030 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Atlantic High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C164 Students
- A-129 Students
- A+108 Students
- A103 Students
- A71 Students
- A+69 Students
- A-65 Students
- B+56 Students
- B+47 Students
- B45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Atlantic High School Reviews
It is an amazing school for opportunity and equality. The clubs could be more involved and structurally significant, but overall everything at Atlantic High is opportunity oriented and friendly. The education has great structure to it, and I am flying through my college classes now because of what I learned in high school. Atlantic High is parterned with Daytona State College, as well as Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (my future college). The high school is able to offer both classes from Daytona State and Embry Riddle (both of which I took in high school). I have several credits towards Embry Riddle already.
My experience at Atlantic High was neither pleasing or horrible. It was an average school that I went to because I prioritized my education rather in social circles or extracurricular activities. The class system was not that engaging, but the curriculum did provide excellent learning material for that particular subject. The students were very diverse, and I did make a few close acquaintances during the school year. In my opinion, I think that they should improve their facilities as the buildings are loosing their luster. I also think that they should connect with the students more and build a relationship with them while learning and teaching them during the school year.
Overall, Atlantic High School is good. Compared to Creek, Atlantic's student population is quite small. So walking down the hall isn't a train wreck, student /teacher relations are good, etc.. Every school has its negatives. In Atlantic's case, bathrooms aren't kept in perfect shape and safety isn't 100% ensured, but hey. Our campus is entirely outside, good on sunny/cool days, yet a bit rough on rainy/ hot days. Amongst my years at Atlantic, the school's repetation has increased from past years. We have been successful at things we weren't before. The band has nearly tripled in size and sounds good; other clubs and sports have done quite well also. The teachers overall are quite nice too, and know what they are doing when it comes to their subjects.