Atlantic High School Reviews

My experience was more unothrodox than most students because i joined many programs that helped me substantially while in school which was great. My only problem was that I did not feel safe 100% of the time but it was a decent learning environment and very fun experience overall.
I was in the IB program at Atlantic High School and it did a lot to get me ready for college. The IB program at Atlantic is in many ways separate form the rest of the school, so the culture and diversity are a bit different. Within the program, the professors are amazing and inspiring. There were a few fights while I was there but there were also cops on campus grounds regularly. Attending campus games was a frequent part of campus culture and they were always fun. The cafeteria food was pretty decent and the buildings were brand new.
I had a great year, starting my freshmen year I didn't even want to go there, because of what I've others say about the school. Experiencing it myself, now I have a different view of my school. At Atl safety is first, everyone is involve. There's no place for hate. The teachers, may seem annoying at times but, It's always for your own good. They all want you to succeed. We have solid sports, we have the best football , backetball, track, soccer,volleyball and weightlifting in the district. The stats shows it. Our club and activities, we welcome everyone, we always want new people, to experience the joy and what we are doing. As for our food, I have to be honest we don't have the best menu, the lunch menu is the same everyday and we kinda get use to it. At Atl we are not perfect, that's what I learned, we do our best depending in our capabilities. Everyone feel comfortable and welcome. Atl home of the eagles. We soar!!
Start Your Review of Atlantic High School
Things I like the most about Atlantic Community High School, was they will never let other people bullying you. No fight allow they do their best to protect us, teachers help us to do our best passing our test.
Overall the school is good if you particpate and get involved in with the school. Yes, there might be some mishaps here and there, but the love and care the school provides is pretty amazing.
This school is full of passions and love! Teachers and students are nice and friendly. The school provides a safe environment for learning and offers many fun activities while in school; for example, the pyramid competition, spirit week and the autumn fest. This school provides technical program once you are in 11th grade, which can allow you to learn about the major that you are interested in and can be certified. I really enjoy being in this school and will give me an unforgettable high school year!
This school is more diverse than a panda bear (white, black, Asian). If you want to half-ass high school and still get into college, avoid the IB program.
The IB teachers were amazing (for the most part). I am much more well rounded than when I started high school and I had a pretty good education when I was there. The guidance counselors were absolutely great and have helped me so much throughout my four years. They provided us with the resources necessary for college and scholarship opportunities as well as emotional help. The only complaint I would have is the principal. She came in my sophomore year and allowed pyrotechnics to be practiced during our pep rally and a man got on fire because of it. She only cares about the football team and only acknowledged IB students (barely) during graduation. Also, the school made us take EOCs even when we did not take the course required just so we can help the school's grade. Otherwise, the experience was great.
I had attend this high school for 4years and graduate in 2013. I missed going there, make a lot of amazing memories with my friend. I love my principal his name was Dr.Lockar and he was very motivated to push us to finish school even we want to drop-out in some point. This school though me a lot of things and also see who was my true friend after I graduate.
Atlantic Community High School is the epitome of segregation. The white/financially well off students are in a complete different section of the school than the students of color. The teachers are over worked and underpaid, causing them to be in a constant state of aggravation, leading the most thoughtful of students to give up on all ambitions of study.
There are teachers that really care about students there, however it is very apparent that the administration only cares about money.
Atlantic’s priority is there students and their safety !! And I really love the atmosphere in the IB buildings, the vibe makes me want to learn more in class and strive for greatness not only in the real world, but in my household as well.
I spent 4 years and I dance for 3 years , my freshman year, my profs really help me and I spent all 4 years in honors.
This school gave me a chance to explore my academic talents. I started as a regular student then transferred to honors and my last year ended up in advance placement! I would have never pushed myself to my full potential I didn't have an amazing Freshman teacher that constantly pushed me to be better and convinced me to enter the honors program and sure enough it was the best thing I did! Although I didn't participate in any sports and after school activities, lunch period was amazing because my peers and I got along so well and felt safe. Most of my educators were intelligent and humorous which is a plus.
What I like about Atlantic High School Is that the teachers are always willing to work with you on getting higher grades, on giving extra credit, and help you feel comfortable In their classrooms. I also enjoy that our school has "school spirit" It makes me feel like I go to a school that is involved.
Atlantic High is a good school. The IB program really makes it a great school but i feel like the honors and regular programs don't get enough attention. Their could be some improvements in helping the extracurricular departments such the band program as well. All of the teachers really are helpful and want to see you succeed
I am still currently going to Atlantic High School as a junior, however I have no complaints with the atmosphere at the school. The faculty and staff are great and will help you to the best of their abilities with anything you ask for
Start Your Review of Atlantic High School
I was in the IB program wish was an awesome opportunity. Atlantic made my high school experience very fun and interesting.
I enjoy coming to school every day, it's a lot of fun! It's going to be so sad leaving. I enjoyed my years here. It's not a disappointment. I really hope things stay the same when I leave.
Great! I love the atmosphere of the school I love how competitive th sports are, the academics are rigorous!