Atlantic County Institute of Technology Reviews

This school has developed me into the person I am today. In middle school, I wasn't much of a kid who really cared about school and I was fine with ending the year with A's and B's. However, while I've been at this school, I've improved myself academically so much because I took many honors and AP courses, which I had a very enjoyable and expedential time with these classes. Most of the kids I've met are fine, but there are some who really scare you like they say or do things that aren't normal at all. Another problem we have is not enough school spirit for sure. Other than that, I would say the experience is interesting and worthwhile. Going into my senior year now and I don't think I would've wanted to go to another school except this one.
I was at this school all 4 years and it was a great experience for me. The school is very strict in the aspects of education and professionalism and I think that's it good to be strict on these thing because it prepares you for the real world and real life situations.
Atlantic county institute of technology is amazing with career.I love how they give each student a opportunity to pursue what they love. There are many choices of academies and the graduation rate is outstanding. You can learn so much from this school and there are so many clubs and activities to choose from.Its filled with talented students and even teachers from all over.They teach you all you need to know about college and career planning, so you'll be ready for your future!
Start Your Review of Atlantic County Institute of Technology
I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at A.C.I.T. so far. I feel that I am being prepared for college by my teachers. All of the staff and administration are extremely kind and helpful. Especially, the school librarian Mrs. Ojserkis, whom we all lovingly refer to as Mrs. O. The staff go above and beyond to ensure the well-being of us students and truly care about us. I have learned many lessons that I feel I will apply to life after graduation. The new Principal Mr. Potkay is a welcomed addition to the school and does an amazing job of staying connected and recognizing the student body for our accomplishments. He always greets everyone in the hall and knows a lot of the students on a personal level and mentions their involvement in extra-curricular activities when he sees them. I love my school! The only thing that needs some improvement is that I wish that more of my classmates shared my sense of schools spirit.
ACIT allows me to pursue what I love and get the education and training that I need to further my education or go straight into my field. I also meet lots of people that have the same passions that I do. They have made my high school experience the best that it could possibly be.
Compared to other schools, they are much less involved in the college search process. The teachers are hit or miss. Some teachers are really great and others really do not care about your education. The athletics are getting better as the school expands but we are not allowed to appreciate them since we CAN’T STAY AFTER TO WATCH THE GAMES. School spirit is prohibited at ACIT. Administration seems to care more about minuscule rules than troubled kids who actually need discipline. One of the best things about ACIT is the fact that you choose an academy that prepares you for education/job after high school. The only problem is that kids parents force them into picking a certain academy and you have a whole class of kids who really do not want to be there. This makes for a toxic learning environment. Teachers can’t teach to the best of their ability in this environment. A major flaw is that kids are not allowed to change their academy after a very short time period freshman year.
ACIT is a good school if you are looking for ways to prepare yourself for high school. It is one of the best schools if you are looking to academically challenge yourself for the better.
This school is different from other high schools. It has all of the classes every high school student needs like english, math,history and sciences. This school also has classes to help you with your future careers. We have classes for medical assisting, health sciences, IT, cosmetology and more. These classes are taught by teachers who recently worked in these fields and are wanting to teach high school students what they have learned and to help us become successful. I am in the medical assisting program at Atlantic County Institute of technology and I have learned a lot in this field and I am now a certified medical assistant at the age of 18. I had a great experience in my 4 years of being in this school.
It is a good school, but I feel like I missed out on the whole high school experience. It feels like I am attending a college rather than a highschool.
This school is high school is awful if you want to get into a good college. I would have loved it if they offered more AP classes. Furthermore, they are at cultivating a culture of ambition. All the students were demoralized. none of them had goals to strive for. Don't send your child here if you want him/her to be successful
I was enrolled in the Math, Science and Engineering program. In my freshman year, I really enjoyed it. Tenth grade through my senior year, I was very unhappy with the program and the teacher who runs it. I was unable to change my academy so I was either forced to stick it out or change schools. I didn't want to change schools, so I stuck it out. I never got any better. If given the chance again, I would have not chosen that academy and possibly chosen a different school. It became very overcrowded as well, I was unhappy with the class sizes.
Really good! I enjoy the experience, it gives me good skills and qualities that I will be able to learn more about in the future.
I was finally able to find my passion at this school! I learned that I loved fashion design. I was able to to take part in 4 fashion shows plus a couple small ones during the holidays. I received amazing lessons on fashion, fabric and sewing. I completed trend forecasts and loved my teachers endlessly. On top of this school having different academies to study in, the vibe of this school is so family oriented. We cherished friendships and community. During my high school experience I struggled with the loss of all of my hair. I found so much guidance through teachers, guidance counselors and the students. This truly was a blessing in disguise though. I found love, passion, and amazing experiences.
It's honestly an awful school. The teachers don't care about your success, they spend money in all the wrong places, the food is terrible, the clubs/activities are run haphazardly, and overall I just had a horrible experience here.
Help student succeed academically and prepare them for the future. Teach life skills that will be helpful once they are sent off on their own. Guidance counselors are very involved with seniors plans for their future. They help them apply to college, and stay on track.
I am a senior at ACIT and I am in the Culinary Program. While in this program the school has widened my view on the culinary field and has given me what I need to further my future in the culinary industry. This was the first step for in my career and this has led me right to the next step I need to take to advancing where I am now. I would like to see the school gain many more opportunities, not only with the culinary academy but also the other academies, that help students better their career and give them more experience needed in the world while in school but also for when they finish with their high school experience and have to go out and look for jobs and make those connections.
Atlantic County Institute of Technology really prepares students for the future. This school has many career programs you can choose from, that students take all four years. Each academy has well experienced and educated teachers. ACIT really feels like home after four years, and the students love going here.
Start Your Review of Atlantic County Institute of Technology
I have a fun time at ACIT. The school is full of diverse students from across the county. Although it is fun and very educationally nice. The school could definitely be improved. First off, the school spirit at ACIT is very underdeveloped. The pep rallies are all very unenthusiastic and do not exemplify any school spirit from the students or the staff. The security at ACIT is very well, but the security guards are often rude. There is also a lack of school sports offered at the school. The school lacks track, football, and lacrosse as well as many other sports. The school's diversity somewhat separates ACIT. The education offered is very well at ACIT and there are many amazing teachers who I have come close with as well as many of my peers.
My experience at ACIT was a great experience. I met new, different people of different cultures and races. I learned the most I can during my 4 years of college. What I like about ACIT is, I like how the teachers take time to actually help you learn. Safety is always precautioned and I feel safe at my school.
Overall, my experience here was pretty good. The education is better than other schools in Atlantic County and there's people here for basically everyone and anyone. It's very diverse since you have kids from all over the county going here. I don't agree with the decisions administration sometimes, but I won't go to another school if I had to do it over again.