Atlantic County Institute of Technology Reviews

I enjoy the fact that ACIT provides a college-like experience. It's like no other high school that I have known. It is not just your typical 8-period day with 40-minute classes, it's a 4-period day with 82-minute classes and this allows me to truly understand what a college course would entail. Can it be a bit unorganized? Yes, especially as a technical school, I would expect nothing but the best. The idea that we have to apply in order to go to this school shows how much the administrators would like for their students to be as ready as possible when they graduate. I just would have appreciated it if they showed a little more order in the way they run things.
The Atlantic County Institute of Technology is great for people who want to get a head start on a career if they feel they've already got their heart set on a certain path, while also getting in their high school education all at the same time. At the same time however the school just never seems to have a hold on anything their doing. There is a huge lack of sports available, not even a football team. The school is constantly undergoing huge changes because there are too many flaws with their previous plans, and the whole experience overall is tarnished with this little odd ends all piling on top of each other. It just doesn't feel like the school is addressing the problems that are occurring until there is literally no other option. ACIT, is a pretty okay high school apart from all that, but the only thing that really makes it special is the career classes they offer.
There are good opportunities. The teachers are great and do everything they can to help you succeed. The block scheduling is great it makes the work load smaller and allows for more learning time. The school could be updated and more sports and activities could be added. We really need a football team.
Start Your Review of Atlantic County Institute of Technology
I liked that we gotta better opportunity than other kids at other high schools. We were getting our normal education and a career choice class. ACIT has gotten me ready for the real world and adult life.
I enjoy ACIT. It is a great school with plenty of opportunities for students to follow a path that they want to pursue. Most of the teachers are fantastic and very helpful when it comes to understanding material.
Many of the rules are too strict. The dress code does not allow any form of showing shoulders and the students are not allowed to wear pajamas. Some rules are unnecessary. The school had a former principal that did not allow any student proposals to be passed. The new principal is working on making improvements. Since it is a tech school the academics are great and the teachers are very experienced in a variety of fields. We do not have much school spirit and our sports need to be improved.
I am a senior and going to ACIT was probably the best decision I could've made going into highschool. Although being only 14 and choosing a profession you would like to pursue for the rest of your life is a little young. But the school really gets you ready for what you might face in the real world. And we are a Red Hawk family so we stick together.
After attending the Atlantic County Institute of Technology for 4 years, I can say it was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my young life. As long as students take advantage of what the school has to offer and do their work they are provided with a significant edge over students attending their home schools. College readiness, high SAT scores, and solid AP scores are guaranteed as long as students put in all of their effort. The ability to briefly study a field you're looking to pursue is unique to this school and allowed me to decide whether I wanted to study it in college without wasting time or money. Students at this school come from backgrounds ranging from urban to rural, however security is abundant and safety has never been an issue.
What I like about the school is they never give up from giving more students a chance to switch around and do different majors to know what we want to do and be . It help us find ourselves as students and young adults . I would like to see a change in being in more than one major.
Honestly, there's not much that I enjoy about ACIT. I really dislike that it is still considered a vo-tech school and I don't like that students must select which academy they want to be in. I chose the engineering academy, and now I don't want anything to do with engineering in my future. The teachers are barely qualified, we don't have many options in terms of electives or higher level courses, and we get much less recognition than other high schools because we're considered a vocational school. The one thing I do like is that the campus is pretty nice, despite not being properly maintained.
The teachers really care about their job. They are there to help you succeed and give you the best tools and knowledge that will help you in the real world.
ACIT is a high school that is not the most standard in its methods. The students are all friends with the security guards and the teachers are anything but normal. You feel a family be grown there, and although it may not be the best in food or administration. It has a charm you can not help but love.
Some of the teachers can not teach and play movies all day. Some are amazing teachers. Some teachers don't care about their students, like mr.dittus. Some care more than anything like Mrs. McCandless. The bussing system suck. The food in prison is better than this. Administration doesnt care about anything besides being paid.
The school is amazing and has been a very positive experience for my daughter. The education, involvement in activities she has received was beyond expected.
Going to Atlantic County Institute of Technology (ACIT) it was the best decision that I made to date. I have had awesome teachers and staff to help me excel in my classes. I am in the JROTC program there and we are striving to be the best, students, citizens and future leaders. ACIT doesn't feel like a High School it feels more like home.
Atlantic County Institute of Technology, or better know now as ACIT, was a great and fun school to attend. The best part of attending this school was the teachers. Most of them are wonderful and care for their students. The school is slowly, but constantly, updating to newer technologies to benefit the students. However, their athletic program is not as well established as other bigger school. But as times goes on, that will expand as well.
This school is most notably known for its academies and technical programs ranging from culinary to auto tech to engineering. Some of these programs can give a student the certification and skill set to get a career right out of high school; and all provide knowledge that the students will value.
I graduated from the Atlantic County Institute of Technology in 2017 from the Performing Arts academy.
Start Your Review of Atlantic County Institute of Technology
Overall, I like being a student for ACIT. One of my favourite things about my school is how involved the staff is when it comes to your preparation for life outside of high school, not to mention all of the hands-on learning opportunities that arise from your time here. One of the things that I wish could change, however, is the student leadership's ability to organize events and fundraising events. For instance, I believe that in order for us students to come together as one, we should all be able to know what is going on within our school, which is something I am not sure that a lot of students feel. As a whole, I have really enjoyed my time at my school.
School was great when it was originally becoming a Highschool ,and actually had a GPA requirement to get in , and then it spiraled down from there once money got involved.
I absolutely loved my experience at ACIT. The class of 2017 made history our last year there. Acadamics are great and I feel absolutely prepared for college. My academy went through a lot of changes but I'm sure will be a lot better in the near future considering it's still in the works. ACIT will only get better. Go RedHawks!