COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
On Campus learning is now offered to all AIS students from preK to grade 12. In Secondary school (grades 6-12), a Hybrid model is in place with students divided in small pods and coming to school every other week. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Sportsgrade A minus
Situated in the heart of Atlanta’s Buckhead district, Atlanta International School’s historic campus is home to an inclusive, multicultural community with over 1260 students from Pre-K to Grade 12.
Founded over thirty years ago, the school offers a comprehensive and challenging International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum enhanced with a world-class language acquisition program.
At Atlanta International School (AIS) students are focused on developing the skills to creatively collaborate on the challenges of the future and are equipped to become changemakers.
Faculty from around the world are focused on genuinely getting to know, value and nurture each and every student, and his or her unique skills and strengths. The result is a spirit of community and a celebration of the diversity of perspectives that come from students, families, faculty and staff representing more than 70 nationalities and over 55 languages.
Atlanta International School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+85 Students
- grade A+78 Students
- grade A+67 Students
- grade A+42 Students
- grade B40 Students
- grade A+33 Students
- grade A+27 Students
- grade A26 Students
- grade A+26 Students
- grade A+25 Students
AIS Language Acquisition Program
A full immersion preschool program for children ages three and four is offered in French, German, Chinese and Spanish. From 5K through Grade 5, the inquiry-based IB curriculum is taught in two languages. All faculty are mother-tongue speakers of the language they teach.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
- World Fest23%
- Senior Nights17%
- Soccer Games15%
- School Plays11%
- Back to school barbecue gathering9%
- Spirit Week9%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
- Offers Full WeekYes
- Offers Part WeekNo data available
- Offers Full DayYes
- Offers Part DayNo data available
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 18 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B minus