Atlanta High School is an above average, public school located in Atlanta, TX. It has 555 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Atlanta High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- NG53 Students
- C52 Students
- A-45 Students
- A+44 Students
- B38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A-34 Students
- C+31 Students
- A-31 Students
- A30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Atlanta High School
- B-Linden-Kildare High School
- Linden-Kildare Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 47 reviews
- BQueen City High School
- Queen City Independent School District, TX
- 23 reviews
- B-Bloomburg High School
- Bloomburg Independent School District, TX
- B+McLeod High School
- McLeod Independent School District, TX
- 19 reviews
Atlanta High School Reviews
Atlanta High School has been my source of education for the past 3 years. With an amazing staff that are all very dedicated to ensuring a bright future for us, I have never been more proud to be a student at AHS. There is an excellent sports program, with Football, Soccer, Tennis, and even Golf! They offer several Dual Credit courses to students, helping us prepare for college. We have a well developed technology department, which allows us to incorporate electronics into our learning. Overall, Atlanta High School is a great school to be at, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
I went to school there quite some time ago and didn't really get the opportunity of graduating there, but I made some life long friends. There was a bit of drama at the school, but that's to be said about any school really. I should know I attended four different high schools. I will forever be connected to that town in some way or another. The school was great and so were the teachers. The faculty and staff really do care about the students. I had some of the best coaches there that shaped me into the college athlete I became. I owe a great deal of my character and determination to them.
I love how much the teachers/students care about the students. No matter what subject, the teachers are always there to help you succeed to your full potential. The staff at Atlanta High School strives to get you prepared for life after high school and make sure that you know exactly what you need to do to succeed.