Atlanta High School is a public school located in Atlanta, LA. It has 242 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Atlanta High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-15 Students
- A-7 Students
- A-6 Students
- B6 Students
- A-5 Students
- B-4 Students
- A+4 Students
- A3 Students
- C+3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Atlanta High School
Atlanta High School Reviews
Atlanta High School is an average school. The English and Math are well structured but every other subject doesn't compete against the other schools nearby. There aren't a diversity of classes that can be taken other than the basic computer classes, English, math, science, and History. There's nothing academically that makes this school stick out other than the English teacher who grades very hard.
Before enrolling into this school, I went to Winnfield Middle School. I left this school because they tore me down. I could not participate in anything and the reason they gave me was, "I wasn't good enough." Coming to Atlanta has rebuilt my confidence and it has showed me that I am good enough, higher than average actually. They gave me a chance at the sports I wasn't "good enough" for. They let me be apart of groups that I wasn't "good enough" for. Although our school is small, it has made a big difference in my life.
The school is biased towards athletic players and the class scheduling is very confusing/messed up. There are students whose grades get changed to passing grades because they go to the Principal and vice Principe and they help them with the assignment until they have a A for the assignment. I consider this unfair because if I fail an assignment or make a bad grade then I won't be able to change it.