Atlanta Girls' School Reviews

My daughter is in her second year of Middle school and I couldn't ask for a better fit for her. It is a small school that provides enough opportunities for her to connect with her classmates and her teachers. She is surrounded by girls who are focused on the right things and aren't involved in the drama that can sometimes be introduced with boys. Would recommend it to all!
AGS is a good school for adolescent girls but it lacks in some areas. The administration is lacking and minimal. Although there is a counselor, they lack a good one. AGS does NOT discipline kids correctly. Everything is swept under the rug, and no one really gets held accountable for their actions. Their form of detention is not effective. There are A LOT of racial problems that get swept under the rug. Racist students go unpunished often times or their “punishment” is to join a social justice council. They care more about the LGBTQ+ problems than they do about racial issues within the school. Often students of color get punished more harsher if anyone gets punished at all for lesser acts than white wealthy students. Nonetheless, the friends you make at AGS are friends that last a lifetime. The girls are nice, caring, and open. Teachers truly care about the betterment of the students, and there are many fun events for students to interact with each other and the community.
The Atlanta Girls' School is a very unique college preparatory school. Not only does it offer more diversity than other schools in the area but it offers intense rigor to prepare its pupils for the next step in life. With graduation requirements like global travel and internships, graduates prove to be more adaptable to new situations due to previous experiences. The school is currently turning over a new leaf and expanding the campus to help the students get the most out of their time there as possible. The only issue is the high turnover rate within the staff so the girls never truly experience consistency but it is a stage the institute is going through in order to fully establish themselves as a reputable school in the community. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there so far and will continue to cherish the memories and lessons I've learned within these walls.
Start Your Review of Atlanta Girls' School
This will be my 4th year at AGS and I absolutely love it! Coming from a public school, I have been able to really appreciate what AGS has to offer, because I have been given so many opportunities that are not offered elsewhere. The teachers at AGS are amazing and very passionate about what they teach. They truly care about each girl's success, and really get to know each girl. Because of its small size, AGS has a very close-knit community. At AGS there are many unique programs and traditions, including meaningful weekly assemblies, advisory, EDLS, and Winterim. There are also many exciting social events, including Homecoming Week events, Coffee House, and Horizon Day. Personally, I have found many ways to get involved in the AGS community, including joining many clubs, participating in chorus, and mentoring middle school girls through Chick Chat. Overall, AGS is a great school that prepares girls for college and beyond.
It was a free place for creativity and leadership. Here I was able to grow as a person academically which prepared me for my college courses as well as creating a voice for myself.
Atlanta Girls' School is an amazing school for girls. This school allows you to find your passions and grow and learn about yourself. This school also helps you break out of your comfort zone and support you along the way. The faculty and staff is very comforting and ready to help you learn and grow.
AGS has definitely has its pros and cons. For starters, the girl empowerment vibe is great to have as a young women and the teachers, as people, are very nice people. However, any time there is a teacher that teaches well, they end up leaving the school shortly thereafter.
The Atlanta Girls' School is a wonderful to attend and it separates itself from other private schools in the surrounding area with programs like Winterim (a 2 week program after Winter Break where students participate in academic-based classes like Spanish and Latino Film Studies, Self-Defense, etc...), EDLS (a program designed to teach and develop leadership skills and help students discover their strengths and weaknesses and how to deal with both), required global travel and many more avenues. However, the best part about attending this school is the long-lasting relationships you create not only with your friends, but with teachers, parents of other teachers and so on.
The education aspect is very good. I felt very prepared for college as far as work load and using my voice in my college classes. Club diversity could be better and giving students more of a voice in their own learning paths. Going to a single sexed school has been scientifically proven to help children learn better, and I believe this is true. Although I went to this all girls school, I do not feel like I was made to be totally socially awkward when talking to males, but I do feel as though I was a little naive to the way things were in the rest of the world. This feeling could have been counteracted with more out of school social experiences on my part, but also more opportunities for that given to me at school.
I really have enjoyed my time at Atlanta Girls School. It is the only all girls school in Gerogia, and has given me a unique opportunity to what an all girls school education entails.
A good looking exterior with nothing inside. Slogans and empty rhetoric are all the administration at this school have any competence with.
I attend the Atlanta Girls School and it is by far the greatest learning and social experience that I have ever had. The students are friendly, the teachers are talented, and the culture and traditions are fun and creative. I would not want to go to school anywhere else!
Atlanta Girl's School is one of the most amazing places for a girl to go for high school. the school not only is extremely inclusive but has an amazing community of LGBTQ+ students.
Atlanta Girls' School is an all girls private school in the city of Atlanta. The girls learn in an environment that is nurturing and with a mission statement that says it all "Leading Girls' to Lead Lives of Purpose."
Atlanta Girls' School is honestly the best place for girls. The founders of this middle and high school envisioned an independent school that reflected not some , but all of Atlanta. Not only is Atlanta girls' school diverse racially, but economically and religiously as well. AGS is a place for girls to grow into women, develop confidence and become the powerful women of tomorrow.
It is a very new school in the grand scheme of things, but within the short time it has been open, it has created a very strong academic curriculum and is continuously improving other areas. The school really focuses on annalis and wanting to truly learn subject matter.
I love AGS! I have had the opportunity to participate in incredible internships with two business and global travel in Belize. The teachers support each and every student and challenge them to be their best.
Start Your Review of Atlanta Girls' School
Atlanta Girls school has been a really good experience for me. The teachers are really helpful and the administration tries to listen to complaints. I am not really into sports but it seems like the girls who are like it a lot. Since it is an all girl school I can concentrate on my work and not have to worry about boys. There are two problems though. One problem is that there is no cafeteria and the food options are too expensive. The other problem is that there are a lot of girls and the building sometimes seems too small. All in all I still recommend the school and would go there again if I had to choose from the beginning.
This school has wonderful teachers and allows students a great opportunity to learn information in as much depth as they'd like. Unfortunately, it is a very unhappy place for teenage girls. I can't put my finger on why that is, but most of the girls seem miserable by the time they are seniors.
I have been a student since, the 6th grade. I have continued to see the school improve each year. It is a small school with an amazing community. The teachers and students incourage each other to grow. I have seen in myself and others a positive change. The enviroment and community incourages gaining self confidence. Also, peers push each other to work harder and become stronger learners. We focuse on finding our personal learning styles and creating bonds between students and staff. Overal, I love this schoo! And, incourage everyone to tour and learn more about the school.