Atkinson County High School is a public school located in Pearson, GA. It has 458 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Atkinson County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-49 Students
- NG39 Students
- B+35 Students
- B-30 Students
- A+28 Students
- B-18 Students
- B+13 Students
- B-10 Students
- A-10 Students
- C+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Atkinson County High School Reviews
I have attended ATCO High every since 9th grade. This upcoming school year I will be a senior, and experience at ATCO has been amazing. As my high school journey soon comes to an end I can say I've lived the best high school years along with supportive teachers, the most amazing friends, and most importantly the help of others to get me through what needed. The one thing I would change would be time, so I could go back and relive it all.
The population of Atkinson County High School is very low. Although, it works out for the best because we are so much closer to each other. We are more like a family. I would change the honors graduate requirements that are not strict enough this year we are graduating about 100 students and about 40-50 of us will be honors graduates. It takes away the meaning and value of it after while.
Great experience for those who put forth effort. Teachers are integrated in to the community, culturing an environment the mentors and cultivates students. The personal aspect cannot be overstated. However, there are obvious distances between groups in the student body.