Atkinson County High School is a public school located in Pearson, GA. It has 435 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Atkinson County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-42 Students
- NG31 Students
- B+30 Students
- C+29 Students
- A+25 Students
- C+14 Students
- B+12 Students
- B-9 Students
- B8 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Atkinson County High School Reviews
Great experience for those who put forth effort. Teachers are integrated in to the community, culturing an environment the mentors and cultivates students. The personal aspect cannot be overstated. However, there are obvious distances between groups in the student body.
Most clubs are geared toward Caucasian students. There is one Hispanic club that I am aware of and no clubs for African American students. Administrative support favors football and basketball. Soccer, which is majority Hispanics receive no support from administration or the student body. Soccer games have less attendance than all the other sports, baseball games (mostly white players) schedule at the home field are schedule on the same day and time as soccer games.
I've been going to this school for my entire life, and there's really nothing special about it. I've made a lot of friends going there, and everyone knows each other. It's a small town school, with small classes. The teachers are nice most of the time, and the administration is reasonable most of the time. Overall it's an alright school.