Atkins High School is an above average, public school located in Atkins, AR. It has 278 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Atkins High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-131 Students
- A-58 Students
- B51 Students
- B-23 Students
- B19 Students
- B+14 Students
- B-14 Students
- C+14 Students
- C+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Atkins High School
- B-Dover High School
- Dover School District, AR
- 115 reviews
- B+Russellville High School
- Russellville School District, AR
- 179 reviews
- BWonderview High School
- Wonderview School District, AR
- 12 reviews
- B-Morrilton Senior High School
- South Conway County School District, AR
- 82 reviews
Atkins High School Reviews
Atkins High School exceeds in academics! The courses are challenging, but with the help of engaging teachers, I still maintain a 4.0 GPA. I am involved in FBLA, BETA, HOFNOD, Student Council, and Teens for Christ. Each club is involved in community services and fundraising. This makes our trips and conventions possible and fun! I am also involved in basketball (All State), volleyball (All State), softball, and track (District and State Champion).
Personally, I love the extracurricular activities available at Atkins! I am currently a member or a part of: band, F.B.L.A., Beta Club, Student Council, Student Advisory Board, AHS Softball, and AHS Volleyball. This is just a few of the clubs and organizations! The advisers of each of these all work very well together, so you can balance your time in order to participate in as many as you want. At the beginning of the year, several teachers and upperclassmen encourage club membership here.
I love the small town atmosphere of Atkins High School. With only about sixty-five students in my graduating class, I know them all pretty well. Our school has great "Red Devil Pride," and it has always been a comfortable, fun environment to learn in. Something I would change about Atkins High School is, I wish the school would advance in the opportunities of each student to learn more by offering more classes.