Atkins Academic & Technology High School Reviews

Atkins offers a very unique education that one would not he able to find at any other school in the area. It is a place for many creative and one-of-a-kind students.
My experience with Atkins high school my four years was very good. I’m currently a senior here now and I love being here because this school fits in with me perfectly fine. I love that Atkins has a great STEM program for us students and that the teachers really care about us students here being successful during high school so we can get to where we need to be. I would love to see Atkins have a thing we’re we could have more choices for our major to study from because not most people want to do a major that’s in STEM program here at Atkins high school.
I’m a junior at Atkins acedemic and technology high school and it’s been an interesting experience I don’t think we have as much freedom as other public schools do but that might be a good thing have structure but I would like to see our smod policies changed
Start Your Review of Atkins Academic & Technology High School
Atkins is a small High School is Winston Salem NC. Our academic performance, graduation rate, and report card compare favorably with other high schools in the state. Atkins is one of the very few schools in the district to exceed growth for six consecutive years. In fact, US News & World Report ranks Atkins as the top high school in Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools.
The class sizes are small and the teachers really care. I had great experiences and felt at home here. The administration helped with all of my college readiness. My engineering teachers were very knowledgeable and had worked in the field. I would definitely recommend this school to perspective students and families.
I loved the engagement of the teachers and how all of them genuinely cared about their students. The curriculums are also very nice and engaging. The way that they allow for a freshman to pick a major that they will follow the four years they are there is truly amazing. The only negative thing I would say about the school is the Standard Mode of Dress that is implemented.
As a student that has been at Atkins for 4 years, I can say that it has overall been a good experience. My first year was a great start to high school, I had to get used to the uniforms but I got used to that pretty quickly. It is a great school if you are focused on academics and college reediness other than middle college. It has many clubs and activities to do, I believe you get a good balance between academics and socializing. Atkins has many challenging courses that you are able to take and the teachers are challenging and understanding. The school is average size and it has STEM majors that students can take to prepare them for their desired field. This school is a great place if you don't want to go to your home school and want to be challenged.
Attended Atkins after attending prek to middle school at one location. I was nervous about transitioning to a high school after being with the same group of friends for ten years. Surprisingly Atkins made that experience very easy. The staff made me feel welcomed and at ease. I quickly made new friends and the extra curricular activities such as science olympiad, technology student association and economic challenge helped me enjoy the fours years at Atkins. This school helped me prepare for the next four years of attending the college if my choice by counseling me on which classes will be needed to further a career in technology. The counselors were knowledgeable and provided me with material the made the transistion from high school to college possible. They cared about me and my future and thats why I will succeed.
Best teachers who make your strive to be extraordinary. It was ok to be smart and be accept by all my classmates. I didn't have the pressure of fitting in or being bullied because I was different. What I gained at Atkins High School, I know I am prepared for college!
Go Camels!
Atkins is a great school for those who want to get a jump start on their careers in STEM. The school is diverse and has many different personalities.
My experience at Atkins hasn’t been wonderful. The teachers and administrators genuinely care for each student. You are encouraged Toch work your hardest and to get involved in lots of things. I have been provided opportunities here that I am confident I would not have gotten anywhere else, and I have been able to find my passion by trying out lots of different things. The student population is hugely diverse, kind, and accepting of others. At Atkins, you are able to feel comfortable being yourself.
Atkins' academic facilities are well above average. Some of the classes I've taken have been terrible with teachers clearly showing an inability to do their job properly and, despite students complaining and tests having to be adjusted, the teachers have yet to be fired.
Atkins High School is the best high school in the state of North Carolina. It is a STEM school; everything from engineering to biomedical tech is offered. Students at this school get internships easily because of the connections the staff have with professionals around the community. It is also located in Winston Salem, one of the cities doing the most innovative research in the health sciences and biotechnology. Atkins is not a school to attend if you plan to be mediocre and fulfill basic requirements of high school. The teachers at Atkins conduct how they grade, their assignments, and the atmosphere of their classes based on their college experience. Most students who graduated from Atkins and did well come back and say college is much easier than what they thought it would be. The principle works to eliminate any external distractions such as bullying and that is why we have SMOD. Our motto is "where its cool to be smart," and it definitely lives on!
Atkins Academic and Technology High School is a great school for anybody interested in a STEM field. While attending the school I was given four STEM-focused tracks to choose from to "major" in. Each track from; engineering, computer visualization, research-based health lab, and a hands-on health track all provided different experiences. The teachers for these class also gave great insight to future professions. Though the school was amazing academically we lack the same abilities in sports and the arts. Now both the arts and sports programs are growing immensely. I am proud to be an alum from this school.
Being a students at Atkins was an eye opening experience for me as there I learned of my love for Engineer through their engineering focused classes and my love of music through the talented Atkins marching caravan Marching Band. Atkins has a diverse range of academic opportunities with the school's focus on S.T.E.M.. Here you can take classes on engineering, Sci Vis (3D animating, Adobe, and more), nursing, biology, physics, and even courses in Video game design. Atkins, with its high status, is also funded well to support those classes and it clubs. As an example Atkins received seven 3D printers for its engineering department. The printers have also been use to help and enrich the learning experiences in different class such math and science. The teachers even help to tailor student learning experiences for those who need the extra help.

Atkins is place of growing with the developing world and instills the work ethic needed for the schools high expectations and above.
Overall, I had a good experience at Atkins. The teachers, counselors, principals, and coaches really care about their students. The assistant principal goes out of his way to do special things for students, which is hard to find. For example, when I told him I was interviewing for my first job, he gave me resources for interviewing skills. He also gave me pointers like asking the company questions. I was really shocked and felt special that he would even take the time to do this for me. I would like to see a better selection for school lunch; we need more options.
Atkins provide a great learning environment and teachers who want to help students learn. It is a STEM based school with teachers who have held jobs in the class they are teaching.
Start Your Review of Atkins Academic & Technology High School
One aspect of Atkins that I appreciate is the level of academic toughness that the school posses. Simon G. Atkins Academic & Technology High School is an institution that pride itself in having core and extracurricular courses that prepare you for the challenge that is college.
I had a great experience at Atkins. I was very involved in the JROTC program and Cross Country sport. The teachers want to see their students succeed. I had to work hard to make good grades but with help of after school tutoring it helped. Some of the teacher's teaching style was way different than a typical classroom teaching style which I found difficult. The principal is top notch. He genuinely cares for his students.
One thing that i really love about Atkins is that no matter what you like to do, you will without a doubt fit in and find friends. Atkins is extremely diverse, as in race, ethnicity, interests, hobbies, etc. Atkins is also a very safe environment for anyone. The teachers are there to go the extra mile to not just teach you, but support you as well. Atkins is like one big family. We, as students, are lucky to have this amount of preparation for college course that we get from Atkins. I'm thankful to soon be a graduate from Atkins Academic &Technology High School.