Atkins Academic & Technology High School Reviews

One aspect of Atkins that I appreciate is the level of academic toughness that the school posses. Simon G. Atkins Academic & Technology High School is an institution that pride itself in having core and extracurricular courses that prepare you for the challenge that is college.
I had a great experience at Atkins. I was very involved in the JROTC program and Cross Country sport. The teachers want to see their students succeed. I had to work hard to make good grades but with help of after school tutoring it helped. Some of the teacher's teaching style was way different than a typical classroom teaching style which I found difficult. The principal is top notch. He genuinely cares for his students.
One thing that i really love about Atkins is that no matter what you like to do, you will without a doubt fit in and find friends. Atkins is extremely diverse, as in race, ethnicity, interests, hobbies, etc. Atkins is also a very safe environment for anyone. The teachers are there to go the extra mile to not just teach you, but support you as well. Atkins is like one big family. We, as students, are lucky to have this amount of preparation for college course that we get from Atkins. I'm thankful to soon be a graduate from Atkins Academic &Technology High School.
Start Your Review of Atkins Academic & Technology High School
Atkins High Scool is a very diverse school with students who really care about their education. The school has majors that allow students to begin their journey in fields they may be interested in such as health science, biotechnology, game design, and engineering. These majors may also give students an idea of something they may want to do as a career.
There is a great amount of diversity school wide and within each grade level. Initially I'd had no reason to want to pursue a career in stem, but after my year that changed. This school has allowed me to find purpose and steer me to the career I'd like to pursue. The teachers are great and supportive, with skills many other highschools aren't able to provide.
Atkins has created a truly unique learning environment that pushes students to create their best possible future, through involvement in STEM classes.
I love Atkins! it allows me to explore my potential in unlimited ways. As well as academic success, atkins has lots of opportunities for clubs and athletic teams. Atkins has allowed me to explore all possible activities and classes. i am a preengineering major, and within my major I have completed all seven courses. Each course has taught me various skills such as physics, calculus, architectural skills. I enjoy the diversity at atkins not only within the academics but in the population. everyone is invited to be themselves, and all backgrounds are welcome.
Atkins is a school where you can get involved in many different areas. It's small enough that you can play on any sports team and there are many academic and interest clubs to join after school as well as music and arts activities. The teachers are invested in the school and students, as they are faculty advisors for many of the clubs and programs. Atkins is ranked high academically in the county and the state and they rank in the top three in many school academic competitions. Close to 100% of their students graduate and attend college or join the military.
What I liked best about Atkins Academic & Technology High School would be the awesome hands on experiences, we as students receive. I am one who learns better with having hands on experience. I like how my teachers believe in me, no matter how tough the struggle may be for me, which encourages me to keep pushing it and not give up. I also like how the school keeps everyone on track with what they would like to do or be. I am interested in becoming a Pediatric Anesthesiologist, and my school encouraged me to take courses that will guide me in the direction of my success. My school offers AP classes too, which is a plus. I love how the teachers are patient with students, even if we are not a student that's in their class. They will tutor anyone that feels they need that extra help.
Atkins is different then any other high school in the Winston-Salem Forsyth County Schools system. At Atkins, we have CTE classes for students and they can take any classes in the Scientific Visualization feild, Biotechnology feild, or the Engineering field. Also, Atkins have college based classes for students that want to go to the next level in their learning. Atkins give students a chance for them to reach their potential in the academic field.
As a current student here, I have experienced many great things throughout this school. The students are eager and always ready to learn, the teachers are phenomenal and love what they teach. We always keep our academics first. The academics are outstanding! I recommend this school for students who want to go for biotechnology, game art design, and engineering. You will have a great experience here.
Atkins a great school with great teachers that want you to succeed and help you be the best that you can.
My experience at this highschool was great. Everyone was helpful and all the teachers know who you are, and you get to know different pepple from different background. During my hard time I ask for help, and the teachers are gladly to help me during that time.
The academics at this school is absolutely amazing, but there are other areas that are lacking. While high school is not supposed to be all fun, this school does not have any fun. With only one pep rally a year, the school does not bring in school spirit well.
Overall my experience at Atkins has been great, teachers care about you and we have a diverse student body. It is fairly strict which is not a bad thing for me because it shows that we are safe and that we will get things done such as final exams.
Atkins is a nice school. Overall I love the teachers here. The people here are very nice too and are very smart, caring, and are very motivated to succeed. The food is meh. I mean its cafeteria food; what do you expect? I love the principal. He's really chill. I don't like the assistant principal though. He's very creepy and always appear out of nowhere. He makes you feel like you've done something wrong when you've done nothing. I also hate that we have SMOD (uniform), but we do have many color options and can wear whatever accessories we want. I don't like that there isn't any school spirit. Our school focuses on academics, so the sports teams aren't as good as other schools. Many students know this, so they don't really go and support the teams. We don't have many pep rallies or school events.
I like it here at Atkins High School because they challenge you and intend to expand your knowledge beyond the class room.
Start Your Review of Atkins Academic & Technology High School
I loved my time at Atkins High School. Atkins has been rated a grade "A" academic school for the entire 4 years I was a student there. This school offered a lot of technical advantages including a state of the art robotics program as well as a CNA program that allowed students to take advanced health courses and qualify them to become certified CNA's shortly after high school graduation. My field of study is Graphic Design and Atkins offers excellent art classes. In fact as a team, our school placed 2nd in the State Art Competition. I am also a student athlete. Atkins has a rich sports history and has a wall of distinguished amateur and professional players. After quite a dry spell, my girls Varsity Basketball Team advanced to the regional finals.
I would like to see the school evolve into a bigger school and for their sports to become better. Atkins is all around a good school with great diversity and activities to do after school.
Atkins High School has amazing STEM-oriented preparation for college and careers. You can choose one of three majors: Biotech, Computer Science, or Engineering, or you could double or maybe triple major.