Athol High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A23 Students
- C+20 Students
- C+20 Students
- A+16 Students
- B+16 Students
- A+15 Students
- B14 Students
- B-12 Students
- A+8 Students
- C8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Athol High School
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Athol High School
- B-Quabbin Regional High School
- Quabbin Public Schools, MA
- 102 reviews
- C+Gardner High School
- Gardner Public Schools, MA
- 39 reviews
- C+Narragansett Regional High School
- Narragansett Public Schools, MA
- 42 reviews
- B-Pioneer Valley Regional School
- Pioneer Valley Public Schools, MA
- 49 reviews
Athol High School Reviews
The major extracurriculars are the music departmant and the sports teams. The Music Department in particular has won many awards for their performances, yet lack in funding compared to the sports teams who, more often than not, struggle. The drama club and music department put on many great performances and shows, yet lack support from the community. This is not to say that the music and drama clubs are bad, but they simply are put on the back burner behind the sports teams. Many students find their closest friends and make lasting memories in whatever extracurricular activity they choose (with many students engaging in both). There is also a variety or smaller clubs as well, such as Chess Club, Video Game Club, Gay Straight Alliance, Student Council, NHS, to name a few
I have grown up in the Athol-Royalston districts, and they were all good/average. Although some teachers aren't the greatest, the good out does the bad. Every student has Raider pride, and shows their school spirit. Teachers prepare us for college and push us to do better, so we can become successful and active members of the community. The school may be old, and the food isn't always satisfying, but the education you acquire and the community within the school is worth it.
The school is great. Just recently there has been a huge amount of renovations and improvements to the building. Not only the building, but also the staff. The halls have been redone with new tiles, the auditorium is getting new seats, and the locker rooms are getting new lockers. Along with this the school itself has always been more than adequate when it comes to staff and extra help. Overall just a really great school.