Athens Senior High School Reviews

This school is nasty. It's dirty and old.
Clubs are very small. Sports are very clicky. It's not a easy to be accepted here.
I have had good experiences at Athens High School, but sadly the good does not out weigh the bad. I have seen so many sad things out of such a small school in such a small town. Drug deals, marijuana being smoked, alcohol being drank in the school, dip being spit during class, talking down to teachers, opinions being erased from outspoken students. It's just not the environment I pictured for my high school experience.
Start Your Review of Athens Senior High School
At Athens High School there are a variety of teachers considering the small amount of students. Some stand out in a way to each individual student, either in a good way or a bad way. I suppose that this is typical, however some teacher's I can say have personally affected the way I learn, both positively and negatively.
High school is high school, no matter where you go.
The best part of my school was homecoming week. Everyone was hyped up and the dress up days were hilarious.
Most of the teachers are great at the school. They truly care about the student and want to see all of the students succeed, if you put in the effort.
We have an average curriculum. The only tutoring offered is for special ed students or math lab.
My school is supposed to follow the health rules, but we tend to have fries on a regular basis. There are very few sides offered as an option. The saddest meal I've seen is a hot dog on a bun served with milk and dry cereal.
Our school tends to baby us. If we are having trouble in a class, we talk to the teacher for extra credit opportunities to get our grade back up- something I'm not sure they do in college.
The principal we have now does not tolerate bulling at all. However, he tends to be a bit biased on discipline if the one in trouble is a major player on a sports team.
We have random police checks, however, most of the people who do drugs in my school never get caught.
With my school being so small it has limited options.
We are a small community whose church involvement is probably more than it should be. Nearly 99% of the school is Caucasian and we have a deep rooted prejudice that is ridiculous against homosexuals.
I live in a small community and the rush of Friday night games usually have a huge impact on the town and nearly everyone is there.
We have a cockroaches in our home economics class and rats everywhere else. To top it off we have no air conditioning.
The school is very safe. Faculty does everything they can to keep us safe.
Start Your Review of Athens Senior High School
We have clubs where we can compete with other schools on academics. They are always pretty successful.
They don't offer too many electives. I wish we had more foreign languages.
We have a lot of activities we can do after school. The fields are very nice and the gyms are decent. The athletes take a lot of time out of their day to practice and our fans are great.