Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Athens Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Athens, IL. It has 322 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Athens Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B30 Students
- B24 Students
- B22 Students
- B20 Students
- B-18 Students
- B+16 Students
- A+15 Students
- B+10 Students
- B-9 Students
- A-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Athens Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like Athens Senior High School
- BPORTA High School
- Porta Community Unit School District No. 202, IL
- 42 reviews
- CIllini Central High School
- Illini Central Community Unit School District No. 189, IL
- 37 reviews
- C+Greenview Junior/Senior High School
- Greenview Community Unit School District No. 200, IL
- 2 reviews
- B-A-C Central High School
- A-C Central Community Unit School District No. 262, IL
- 10 reviews
Athens Senior High School Reviews
Overall, Athens High School is a good school. Majority of the teachers there want to see you succeed not only in school, but in life as well. Athens itself is a good community, everybody knows everybody because it is fairly small. I think the biggest thing that Athens needs work on is the way they prepare students for college.
I enjoyed my time at Athens and if I had to go back I would. I was very involved in sports and other activities provided to us. I was a three-sport athlete with great coaches who wanted me to do better in the future and at college. I was also very involved in the musicals and the director for those was so dedicated and still is today. I loved all my teachers and if I ever needed something they were always there to help. I was also involved in the morning announcements which we had broadcasted live for the whole school to watch which is something cool that not all other schools do.
Athens is a small town with a small school. It's not the worst thing in the world but my experience could have been better. No air conditioning in half the classes was not fun, the band room is a disaster, the school only seems to care about football, and the food in the cafeteria was not fantastic. They're planning to re-do the entire school but I would like to see how much actually goes through. There aren't many kids so I'm not sure why they are redoing and making the school larger.