Athens High School is an elite, public school located in Troy, MI. It has 1,529 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Athens High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B233 Students
- A+219 Students
- A+175 Students
- B+146 Students
- B+105 Students
- B+85 Students
- B+70 Students
- C+48 Students
- B-36 Students
- B30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Athens High School
- A+Troy High School
- Troy School District, MI
- 286 reviews
- A+Rochester Adams High School
- Rochester Community School District, MI
- 202 reviews
- A+Bloomfield Hills High School
- Bloomfield Hills Schools, MI
- 52 reviews
- A+Grosse Pointe North High School
- Grosse Pointe Public Schools, MI
- 227 reviews
Athens High School Reviews
From the moment I walked into Athens high school, I knew it was the right place for me. I absolutely love Athens with a passion, it has helped me grow and become a better person in general and academically. I'm involved in so many activities. There is a lot to do at athens, I would recommend anyone to go there. Sadly, I'll be a senior next year and I have to go off to college, but I will take all that I learn from athens and put that in my daily learning and daily living. Athens will forever be the best high school ever!
I currently love Athens, and nearly all of my teachers, whether I've had them academically or not. They are considerate towards their students and understanding when difficult circumstances come up, and always wish the best for their students and look out for the students' best interests and are encouraging. Also, the fresh-baked cookies during lunch are top-notch, I have to add.
What I like about Athens High School is that it offers tracks for students of all academic levels and interests. There are a wide range of class subjects, electives, and difficulty levels. Furthermore, the student body is very diverse in ethnicity and culture. The staff and location of the school make me feel safe. I wish the food options and quality were better.