Athens High School is a top rated, public school located in Troy, MI. It has 1,566 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Athens High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B251 Students
- A+245 Students
- A+195 Students
- B+163 Students
- B+113 Students
- B+99 Students
- B+79 Students
- C+55 Students
- B-43 Students
- B33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Schools like Athens High School
- A+Troy High School
- Troy School District, MI
- 300 reviews
- A+Rochester Adams High School
- Rochester Community School District, MI
- 214 reviews
- A+Bloomfield Hills High School
- Bloomfield Hills Schools, MI
- 59 reviews
- A+Grosse Pointe North High School
- Grosse Pointe Public Schools, MI
- 247 reviews
Athens High School Reviews
Overall, my experience at Athens High School was very good. Most of the teachers and administration really care about the students and do their best to help each and every one of them succeed. The school culture is very accepting as most students and staff are very accepting of people of other races, religions, genders and sexuality. There was various clubs and sports available for students to participate in. Students are granted resources to further their education, and if something a student needs is unavailable, teachers and staff will find a way to make it accessible to them. There are also retired police officers to maintain school safety during school hours. The doors are also locked to increase safety. Teachers and staff do a great job of preparing students for college.
As a student at Athens High School, I have been introduced to many opportunities I would otherwise not have. The staff as well as other students are supportive and provide the school with a comforting environment. I feel as though I am able to branch out through trying new things through electives, as well as talking to counselors and teachers who can help me personalize my schedule in order to make my high school experience the best it can be. Through the many events Athens holds, such as charity week, students are able to come together in order to improve the lives of others all around the world. I am truly blessed to be attending Athens, as I know that my school introduces me to amazing experiences that I will hold with me as I continue on throughout my life.
From the moment I walked into Athens high school, I knew it was the right place for me. I absolutely love Athens with a passion, it has helped me grow and become a better person in general and academically. I'm involved in so many activities. There is a lot to do at athens, I would recommend anyone to go there. Sadly, I'll be a senior next year and I have to go off to college, but I will take all that I learn from athens and put that in my daily learning and daily living. Athens will forever be the best high school ever!