Athens High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-199 Students
- A+190 Students
- A+139 Students
- B+115 Students
- B92 Students
- B+70 Students
- B+55 Students
- C+42 Students
- B-31 Students
- B+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Athens High School Reviews
Review Athens High School
From the moment I walked into Athens high school, I knew it was the right place for me. I absolutely love Athens with a passion, it has helped me grow and become a better person in general and academically. I'm involved in so many activities. There is a lot to do at athens, I would recommend anyone to go there. Sadly, I'll be a senior next year and I have to go off to college, but I will take all that I learn from athens and put that in my daily learning and daily living. Athens will forever be the best high school ever!
The principal, Dr. Scrimsher, is focused on giving students a proper education. Most teachers at Athens are experienced, especially the Honors and AP teachers. The selection of classes is broad and provides various opportunities for students to learn what they are interested in. There are also a wide variety of clubs, including Student Council Association, Spanish Club, and Students Against Destructive Decisions.
I enjoyed my high school experience at Athens High School for the most part. I made personal relationships and connections with many of the teachers, which I believe is a large part of learning in high school. AHS had many options for challenging classes, which greatly prepared me for college, and I think that has a lot of value. If I could go and change something about my high school, it would probably be the administration. A lot of the staff other than teachers did not seem very approachable and welcoming to me, which ruined some of the environment around the school. I think that everyone experiences their high school differently, but I think that Athens was an excellent school to prepare me for college.