Athens High School Reviews

Life at Athens high school provided me with a view of various other types of people sometimes that wasn’t a good thing
It was a great school to attend. I had committed teachers and a fantastic guidance counselor. The drama club was my favorite extracurricular activity. Carol Patterson, the drama teacher, is warm, funny, and tough. She expects a lot from her students and gives even more in return.
Compared to surrounding high schools, Athens is great. Compared to other Ohio high schools, not so much. We are good at sports, and a lot of our attention goes to that. We lag behind in AP classes, resources, and college readiness. Administration at this school shows the minimal amount of respect or care for any of the students (excluding guidance counselors). As with the rest of Athens, this school is very safe, but not very diverse.
Start Your Review of Athens High School
Although I loved going to school here and I wouldn't move to another high school if my parents tried to force me, I feel that some areas of the school could improve. The school doesn't have much money and often has many paper shortages, the lunches aren't very healthy, there isn't much diversity within the school although there are many diverse clubs. The school's building itself seems cheap and could use a much needed renovation, but I believe the school board is already talking about building a new school. The administration had problems with how they "handled" bullying and could use some work, but the teachers are wonderful. I love Athens and wouldn't move for the world, but I give it 4 stars.
The diversity and open mindedness is great for the most part, but the administration is rather controlling and that limits self-expression.
Athens High School is like any other high school. Some classes are challenging, some are boring. The school offerers many AP classes and great teachers to go along with them. The french program is terrific. There are also three categories of students: Student athletes, stoners, and rednecks. Athens is a great town but since the school is located in the Plains, about three miles from Athens it's a bit less exciting.
I've had a pretty okay experience at Athens. The food sucks a lot. The administration is pretty good. They are considerate and talk to most of the student and have relationships with them
While I have experienced some great teachers and classroom settings, there is plenty of academic difficulty experienced by my friends, peers, and even myself. Each situation is it's own, but in general I think the academic process here could be described as challenging but rewarding.
My school is quite diverse in ethnicity and sexual orientation, and for the most part people are very accepting. The students themselves have created a positive and safe environment. However, not everyone is the same, and personalities clash often. I believe that conflicts among my peers are a result of personality clashes rather than prejudices against certain ethnicities or sexual orientations.
The activities are fun. I like to involve myself in as many as possible. Although many students distance themselves from participation in these events and opportunities, those who choose to be involved are top-tier students with good vision and a good attitude. Because the activities and clubs are run by these students with can-do attitudes, my experience has been a very positive and uplifting one.
High school is to be expected to include a lot of hard work and sacrifices. But something that has made my experience here less enjoyable is the attitude of some of my peers. While I have great friends, many students at this school are disrespectful to their teachers, fellow students, and administrators. My experience, as well as that of many others, would have been much more positive had more students involved themselves in the school in a helpful, rather than destructive, manner.
I have had the privilege of receiving instruction from the best teachers in my school. My experience with them has had a very positive impact on me and my motivation to continue my education. I cannot imagine completing high school without my favorite teachers. Others, with different teachers, have some complaints, but overall I have enjoyed my time with mine, trying to emulate their examples of responsible members of society.
The teachers are good about making hands on lessons but some teacher are bad about updating grades so kids aren't always aware of what they're missing.
There are lots of extracurricular opportunities at the school, and most of the programs are good, if not exceptional.
As I have said many times, Profe (Beth Nostrant) is the best teacher I've ever had in my entire life. She was my favorite part of high school by far. Apart from her, however, my experience was still great. I would recommend the school.
I've only had a couple of teachers I didn't like having in the classroom. All the others I've had, however, have been great. The best teacher I've ever had is Profe (Beth Nostrant). She is absolutely amazing!!!
I did feel adequately protected when I attended. I did not feel any measure of unease.
Start Your Review of Athens High School
There are many clubs and organizations available to students. We are a liberal school and support a vast group of people. Everyone has a possible interest group if they so choose to join.
I enjoyed my time spent at this school. The overall time spent within was a positive experience.
Some of the teachers are wonderful, and care for the students. They treat them as equals, give them the respect they give them. However there are the teachers that are there to teach the lesson nothing more and nothing less. They are not approachable because they do not understand why you are not comprehending the lesson like they are.