Athens High School is a highly rated, public school located in Athens, AL. It has 1,005 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Athens High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A168 Students
- B160 Students
- A-159 Students
- A141 Students
- A-111 Students
- B-105 Students
- B81 Students
- B81 Students
- A-72 Students
- B53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Athens High School Reviews
I loved my time at Athens High School. The teachers and staff genuinely care about their students and wish to see them succeed. They love to see everyone included and happy. Education was truly fun there. I enjoyed the welcoming environment and the loving atmosphere; you could go to anyone there at any time for anything. The teachers are my favorite part, no doubt, as they were incredible. I loved nearly everything about it, and I cannot think of anything specifically that I disliked about it. It is an all inclusive, fun, enjoyable place to learn and make lifelong friends!
Athens High school is a 63 million dollar school that could not find it in that budget to install curtains, lights or sound equipment in its auditorium. The school has amazing teachers and even some good administrators but most of the administrators seem to strive to impress the school system with its flashy view sonic boards( that most teachers struggle with) and flex areas for student relaxation (that students aren't allowed to sit in for the most part) this school could be great but it seeks to impress others instead of improving itself.
I am currently attending this school and I always look forward to going to school because of the atmosphere of the school and the friendly teachers that work for the school. The sporting events that our school has is always full of cheers and energy for mainly our football and basketball teams. Our school offers the main college-ready course for all grade levels. The AVID course informs students on tuition, scholarships and how to apply to colleges.