Athens Drive High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A206 Students
- A+148 Students
- B+91 Students
- B+90 Students
- A-76 Students
- B+68 Students
- B-52 Students
- A+45 Students
- B+40 Students
- B+36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Athens Drive High School Reviews
Review Athens Drive High School
I enjoyed my high school experience at ADHS, however there were so many things that could've been better. As far as academics were concerned, I took mostly honors classes so I didn't have many problems. Despite the negative aspects, ADHS had the right programs that allowed me to jump right into the medical field at age 17. I obtained my CNA through Wake Tech whilst still attending ADHS. I would not have had that opportunity in other schools, so I am happy about that. There were fights or other behavioral issues weekly. We've had riots at our school and our assistant principals head was smashed through a glass window during one of the riots. Aside from that, I feel like our clubs, activities, and extracurriculars needs a major boost. We have expanded in the area to a degree, but in different areas like foreign language and the arts program are really suffering. However, our health science and STEM programs are really taking off. Overall, I did have a positive experience.
The best and worst part about Athens drive is its diversity. I love going to a school that is not homogeneous because the world we live in is not homogeneous. However, with so much variety in socioeconomic class at Athens you have the a large variety in the parenting style which translates through its students. Some higher socioeconomic parents are very involved in Athens coming to all athletic and academic events. You also have students whose parents seem too busy to be bothered with their child's education. Failing a academic class, or the lowest level course, is unacceptable yet students fail all the time. I know this is not Athens fault but teachers should reach out to students like this. Students should have many opportunities to get involved in school and show how failing just one class effects your life and likelihood of getting into college.
I had 4 great years at Athens Drive. I made friends from many diverse backgrounds and was well prepared academically. I was accepted into an excellent engineering program at a nationally recognized university. While the sports programs that I participated in were not well attended and had losing seasons, the coaching staff and other participants made it an enjoyable time.