Atchison High School Reviews

Atchison High School is a welcoming and diverse school but does not have the funds to offer a variety of enrichment classes. Every required class is taught in the building, but there is no opportunity for a foreign language class other than Spanish. The staff of Atchison High is a caring mixture of adults that truly think about the student as an individual. I've had a wonderful experience at Atchison High School.
Atchison high has allowed me to grow in both my leadership and social skills. I have been offered the ability to future my college career early on in my high school life.
It's usually the same parents getting the most involved but those that are take great pride in our students and the school.
Start Your Review of Atchison High School
The teachers are well in tuned with the most updated technology that our school can offer our community. They are always pushing us to take advantage of the newest ways of learning.
Some teachers make the class fun but others make in impossible to learn. High school was honestly the worst years of my life but it had nothing to do with the professors.
There are lots of different extracurricular opportunities at school. From Spanish, and Chess Club. To to the basketball, or golf team. There is something for everyone to enjoy at school, you just have tk go out and involve yourself in the activities.
It could be a lot better. We finally have a salad bar and a snack shack to hold us over.
The administration does an excellent job with notifying students and parents. They provide appropriate and necessary discipline to students. They try to know each student on a personal level and to help them with anything they need.
I really enjoy most of my teachers. I feel that the majority of my teachers genuinely cares about each student.
I think overall my school is a good school but I know there are very good schools in the area that are much better than our school. I think our school needs to be all renovated and there are mice and snakes in the walls. If I could start all over again I wouldn't want to go to a different school but the reason I cannot go to a different school is because my parents own a business in the city. What makes my school unique is that my school has a show choir and not many schools have one but the downfall of that is that they have to take money out of other funds to fund show choir.
Some teachers are Phenomenal, but some teachers are very lazy and cannot teach the class. I wish that we had more clubs and organizations after school
It is just like other schools and there is ain't the same amount of white and black students
We are a small school of about 400 and our teams could be better but it is good for our size
Lost of drugs, chew, and smoking
There could be a lot more I would like to see chess club
Teachers and faculty will only get mad or inforce a rule on certain students. For example if a black kid is caught cheating the faculty would not do much, because they are afraid to call the parents. Another example is if a popular girl has on shorts they don't approve of they will tell her to change, although if the girl has a parent in the administration they would let it slide.
This school and the classes did not do much for me in my education, althought the diversity and the different styles of life I saw in families is what helped prepare me for the real world. Som students may not have had my perspective though, and the school in general does not do much for students.
Start Your Review of Atchison High School
There are teachers people like and some that teachers don't like.
There are more than just sports but still not the best. Not much money gets put into anything but sports.
It is school, we have to go but it's not the worst thing we have to do.