grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Atchison High School is a public school located in Atchison, KS. It has 463 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Atchison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A86 Students
- grade A minus81 Students
- grade B62 Students
- grade C53 Students
- grade C+44 Students
- grade B minus38 Students
- grade B31 Students
- grade B+30 Students
- grade B+29 Students
- grade B26 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responses
- Spring fling80%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,143 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Schools like Atchison High School
- grade B minusAtchison County Community Junior/Senior High School
- Atchison County Community Schools, KS
- Rating 3.51 out of 5 61 reviews
- grade B+West Platte High School
- West Platte County R-II School District, MO
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 81 reviews
- grade B minusTroy Middle/High School
- Troy Public Schools, KS
- Rating 4.5 out of 5 10 reviews
- grade B minusDeKalb Middle/High School
- Buchanan County R-IV School District, MO
- Rating 3.05 out of 5 22 reviews
Atchison High School Reviews
Rating 3.17 out of 5 78 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Last year at Atchison High School was really hard. Although I had gotten sick and missed a lot of school, about two months and then I had surgery and most of the teacher were really there to help. You get an iPad when you inroll so most of the school work is online or on the iPad. We also have a program during seminar (the last hour of the day) and it's basically to do your homework. If you are failing any of your main classes then they have certain study halls you go to. Overall it's a really great school! lots of school Spirit and majority of the students are really friendly. I only gave four stars because some of the teachers don't really do there job correctly and they're just here for the check but the ones that do really make the school feel like a second home.
Atchison High School was a fine school to attend for high school but it had its fair share of issues. Bullying over the diversity of the school was a large issue. Funding was almost always given to the sports teams and taken from the art and music department. Some teachers were amazing role models, but others made the experience worse. Last and also least, they use a racist symbol as a mascot.
I attended AHS for 4 years, for the most part I would just go to school and come home. The worse part would be the food had no taste and there was never enough on the trays or for the students. My senior year I went to more football games and join National Honor Society, TRIO and JAG. When school was closed in March for the rest of the year, it really put me in a dark mood. All the senior activities we will be missing. but I am ready to move on and further my education in college so I can start my career.