Atchison High School is a public school located in Atchison, KS. It has 429 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Atchison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A64 Students
- A60 Students
- C36 Students
- B35 Students
- C+32 Students
- B-21 Students
- B19 Students
- B+18 Students
- B17 Students
- B+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Atchison High School
- C+Atchison County Community Junior/Senior High School
- Atchison County Community Schools, KS
- 58 reviews
- B+West Platte High School
- West Platte County R-II School District, MO
- 76 reviews
- B-Troy Middle/High School
- Troy Public Schools, KS
- 8 reviews
- B+DeKalb Middle/High School
- Buchanan County R-IV School District, MO
- 21 reviews
Atchison High School Reviews
Atchison high is a very decent school for where its located. I've had very good outcomes with all of my teachers I had while I attended Atchison high. However, I can not say that every other past and current students can say the same. Atchison high focuses a lot on sports programs, but ignores their fine arts department. One thing I can say, is that Atchison high does a great job of incorporating technology in classrooms. Very four years the school invest in new iPads for their students to use throughout their four years to enhance their academic success as well as prepared them for a world that relys heavily on technology. Yes, Atchison high does have it faults, but overall it's a very decent school.
Of course it was high school, and high school kind of sucks no matter what. One thing I can boast about my school is that around halfway through my years there, the entire arts program skyrocketed, especially the performing arts. There are plenty of decent teachers in the district, and a couple of truly exceptional ones as well. The AfterProm was also a lot of fun. I do still wish that Home Economics and Personal Finance were required classes. Those are the ones I most wish I had taken, looking back.
Atchison High School is a welcoming and diverse school but does not have the funds to offer a variety of enrichment classes. Every required class is taught in the building, but there is no opportunity for a foreign language class other than Spanish. The staff of Atchison High is a caring mixture of adults that truly think about the student as an individual. I've had a wonderful experience at Atchison High School.