Atchison County Community Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Effingham, KS. It has 301 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Atchison County Community Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A33 Students
- A19 Students
- B-19 Students
- B-12 Students
- B+10 Students
- B9 Students
- B-8 Students
- C+7 Students
- B-7 Students
- B-6 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Atchison County Community Junior/Senior High School
- B+Jefferson County North High School
- Jefferson County North Unified School District, KS
- 54 reviews
- BValley Falls High School
- Valley Falls Unified School District, KS
- 18 reviews
- B+Atchison High School
- Atchison Public Schools, KS
- 67 reviews
- B-Horton High School
- South Brown County Unified School District, KS
- 43 reviews
Atchison County Community Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Teachers at my school really care about student success and are willing to do anything for us. In order to keep up with my rigorous academic schedule, I usually stay after school a couple times a week. My teachers have no problem with me and my class mates asking for help out side of school. In fact, if I'm doing my homework and I need help, I can simply email my teacher my question and they will email me back with assistance in a short period of time. My school doesn't have the best student body, there are more "bad kids" than good. I respect my teachers and staff at my school because I know they aren't treated with the respect they deserve. Even though our district has some down falls including old facilities, lack of adequate financial flexibility, and a large amount of students who do not care, I wouldn't change a thing about my education. Attending Atchsion County Community High School has opened so many doors for me. Being apart of National Honor Society and Kays (a serive organization) had allowed me to give back to my community. As a member of the student council, I've learned valuable leadership skills that will continue to help me later in life. As a member of math club and science club, I've been given the opportunities to extend my education by attending trips and competing in competitions. I was asked to become a mentor for a seventh grade student. As a mentor I meet with Gage once a month to look over his academics and to talk about any social problems that occur within the school. Being a mentor has evolved my "people skills" and has inspired me to do more for others.
I feel that here at Atchison County Community High School we are an awesome school. There's never any fights, there's not very much bullying. Every school eventually has problems somewhere along the line, but in my time being here it has been very easygoing. I love it here. The staff is great! The teachers are helpful in every way they can be, the nurse is such a caring person. The staff here in general is amazing. Everyone is polite. It's a great environment.
Most of the teachers are great, there is a few that aren't very good at teaching. At our school the teachers have to have grades in the gradebook in a ceratin amount of time, but some teachers don't follow that rule which could be stressful to the students. An occasional teacher that doesn't know what to do with the kids that are constantly disrupting class. But on the other hand, there is teachers is here that do care about the students and get after them for disrupting class, they enter grades on time, they go above and beyond to help the students.