ATC Technical High School Reviews

I would refer everyone to that school! I enjoyed most of the staff there. I really appreciate the experience. Thank You.

-Alexia Dixon C/O 2016
I like how ATC has college programs that as junior we are required to take to help us build our future. I would probably change how we have to go to our technical programs over the summer.
This is not your regular highschool. This highschool is filled with friendly kids and nice teachers. There is only four classes to worried about as well. I never felt more comfortable being here and can't wait to start doing the nursing program have they have here!
Start Your Review of ATC Technical High School
I liked the atmosphere in Atlantic Technical High School, everyone was there because they had the desire to learn and the teachers loved teaching.
I adored my programming classes. I never had more fun learning things in the field I wanted to work in. Granted there were assignments that made me frustrated, but it was a huge relief when I completed my work. Group projects were fun, and me being anti-social, it says a lot about the quality.

The teacher I had was amazing, with her assistance and guidance, I felt prepared for the real world. That class felt, like a small family at the end of the 2 years. We still keep in touch with each other. And due to the appreciation we have for our teacher, we organized a lunch with students from the class including inviting the teacher.

This wouldn't happen if it was just, "another class", in our lives. We genuinely learned things, and our teacher wants us to succeed.
I'm an introvert, so I don't really ask about all the available clubs, I did participate in BPA, Business Professionals of America, and I can say it expanded on my knowledge that I gained from my technical program.

Which allowed me to win in one of the competitions, let it be noted that while I came in 3rd or 4th (memory is a bit hazy on placement), the winners of 1st, 2nd, (and 3rd?), were all my classmates for Regionals.

To give a better understanding on how well prepared we were.
I would go to this school again for the reason I mentioned earlier. It isn't just a highschool where you get your diploma and either get a mediocre job, or continue to pursue your dreams through college/university. ATC will ask students what field they would want to be in for the last 2 years of their attendance (in ATC), essentially picking their major.

Once you become a Junior, you begin in these classes that teach you how to work in the industry of your desire.

They teach things that employers are looking for, they offer advice on how to approach problems that could arise. They offer certification exams, is any of that needed? No. But they do it for our benefit. We worked alongside some adult students, from time to time because it would give some insight into working with people in the workplace. I learned so much in highschool and felt so prepared when I graduated.

Its better than my university where professors aren't preparing you for jobs, but just foundations to practice with.

It's unlikely I'll be able to find a job if I were to base it soley on my education at FAU.

But ATC, I consider enrolling in their vocational so I can once again, re-prepare myself.

Because even some of the instructors could be on a students reference list.

In fact some of them inform the students to list them on that list because they have influence. They can make a glowing recommendation, not because they're obligated, but because they care about the future of their students.
After attending several years in my university, ATC wins by a landslide by the amount of knowledge they have over the subject at hand, the communication and feedback with students, using real world examples and practices, certifications to prepare us for the real world/job industry.

I felt as if they wanted me to succeed, and that when I graduate, that I would be prepared for a job as I have the knowledge for it.

In my years of attending ATC, my resume was impressive, not being prideful of myself, but because I had knowledge of about 8 programming languages, 2 certifications, and programs of my own creation.

I could have had a great job on graduation. But I thought FAU would enhance the knowledge and expand on what I already know.

Almost 4 years attending this institution, and I had to remove the entirety of my resumè, as I had forgotten the languages I learned as well as only learned the 2 languages that no one is looking for in the state of Florida. I feel unprepared here.

In ATC, the instructors I had worked in the field, prepared you, guided you, would be your personal reference because they were out to help us move forward in our lives.
It is the safest school I know. I feel very safe here.
Great. The workload is manageable.
The school I go to is not a bad school at all, and they offer a lot of things that other schools don" necessarily offer, and I am starting to appreciate it more as I experience more.
I don't know how to judge my peers parents, so I really have no view on this topic.
Well at my school the teaching style is kind of lazy.
ATC has a very intense bullying policy to the point where there is rarely any bullying or fighting on campus. We have a few security officers on campus (high school and college). I feel safe at my school.
ATC is a very small school with only about 600 high school students. This does not leave a lot of room for many clubs or sports; however, we do have quite a few. We have at least 20 clubs on campus and a few sports teams. Not all students are active in activities, but at least half of the students are in at least one club.
At ATC high school students get an experience that most high school students do not get: a technical certificate. ATC is not only a magnet high school, but also a technical college in which you can earn technical certificates. During high school students junior and senior year, students choose one technical corse to persue and by the time they graduate they have completed this course and received this certificate. This gives students more of an access to the real world and also some access on careers. This may boost some students careers and show others that this is not the field for them. I am so grateful to be accepted into this school to receive an orthopedic and EKG certification when I graduate high school for no cost! I am very excited to get started on these programs next school year.
Teachers and the quality of teaching vary in every school. At my school, there are many fantastic teachers that have greatly helped me grow over the past two years that I have been attending. I feel that I have learned a lot in my time here. However, there are some teachers that do not adequately teach the necessary information needed to excel. If all of the teachers were as thought the teachers I originally mentioned, I would be very happy with the results. I would like all of the teachers to care greatly about the students success not only in the class and on tests, but in life and in the real world education that will follow students for the rest of their lives.
Start Your Review of ATC Technical High School
For the small size of the student population, the sheer number of extracurriculars is surprising. Most students are active.
Our school doesn't have sports so there is never a big parent turn out. However, come time for robotics season the parents are in the stands at regionals yelling almost as loud, if not louder than their children.
All of the teachers genuinely care about their students, and are willing to help them with any struggles they have. They are also considerate when it comes to make up work when the student(s) are absent.