Atascocita High School Reviews

It's honestly an average school. There are not many standout qualities, but school spirit and drive to compete are big here.
However, the administration could use some improvement. Many of their policies do make sense, but often, it's unfair, discriminatory, and demeaning to students.
The teachers and staff here are quite good at what they do. There are some teachers that stand out and teach wonderfully; in some classes I have found that is not the case. Often, not all of the essential basic material is taught in class and misconceptions are not addressed.
Overall, Atascocita High School is average. It's not awful, but it's not an amazing high school either.
Atascocita is a very diverse school that is full of incredible school spirit!! The teachers can at times be a problem but for the most part are extremely helpful and respectful. I think Atascocita is just an amazing school to go to in general.
The school brings great opportunities to students, however, the administration doesn’t really care much for the instructors who bring those opportunities. The CTE department is underrated, under appreciated, and holds highly qualified instructors that aren’t taken seriously.
Start Your Review of Atascocita High School
My first year in high school seemed to be so picture perfect. I was ranked 36 in my class, I was second on the varsity cross country team, and got multiple awards in track as well. As the next year came by, I realized that the courses got much more difficult. I began to struggle to maintain my grades, and I became severely depressed. I lost interest in hanging out with my friends because I spent countless hours studying for classes. I realized that this was no way to live. I was confused because I felt that this is not the way a high school should be. I noticed that many of my friends also struggled to find the perfect balance. The AP teachers I had cared so much and valued me as a person first and a student second. If it were not for their help I would not have stayed in the top 5% of my class. The care and love that AP teachers have in Atascocita are what keeps students successful.
Atascocita is a very diversified school with a lot of clubs and opportunities to meet new people. The principal is very involved and stresses school spirit.
My experience overall with Atascocita High school has been not too bad. I have attended all 4 years here and the academics are definitely intense and rigorous in the higher levels. The fine arts and sports programs are excellent, yet very demanding of the majority of your time. This school has given me quite the challenge and helped me to shape my personal ideals as a young adult. The administration (not necessarily teachers), however, is quite clueless on how to prepare students for college and advertise resources on how to improve your transcript from day one and/or facilitate the admissions process in your Junior/Senior year. The only enjoyable activities are run by the student body, extracurriculars, clubs, and the parents generally.
The teachers are mostly nice and helpful, and really try to help the students learn. The campus is nice; the pep rallies are crazy fun. There's pressure because it's such a big school, but you're still able to have fun and can still make great friends.
I liked the diversity and the commitment of teachers to help students.They always had something going on very inclusive.
I liked the area the school was located in. The area was diverse and i was able to befriend a lot of people from different cultural backgrounds. Atascocita High School had great staff that were all enthusiastic to teach and made their learning environments fun. One thing i disliked about Atascocita High School is the amount of students that attended. There were so many students, the walk from class to class took almost all of the time i had to get to where i was going. I was late several times due to over crowded hallways.
I had a good four years at Atascocita High School, I successfully graduated with high honors and a high ranking. Many of my teachers were very caring and truly wanted us to succeed and the rigor of the classes was challenging enough to prepare us for the rigor of college. Although, there are a few teachers who do not seem to care and will give students high grades even if the student barely tried. Also, the security of campus is not necessarily strict enough to keep students safe from the actions of other students.
AHS is a great place to learn. It is a very diverse school and there are opportunities for everyone there. All the teachers are willing and ready to help all students. It is a great sense of community at the school.
AHS is a pretty big public school. The pep rallies and teachers are fantastic. The AP offerings are great too.
I really enjoyed being at Atascocita High. The school was very diverse. I was a basketball player there and the student body was very supportive. The pep rallies were great and kept the students informed and engaged.
I enjoyed the studies,they pushed me to work hard and learn more. I did not enjoy the little security the school offered, it remains easy for anyone to bring in weapons and overpower what little security they have. I also did not like that there was not enough one on one attention between the students and the teachers.
I loved the diversity and how accepting everyone is. Most of the teachers are very nice and will help you with just about anything you need.
I loved the school spirit and how the school is one big melting pot of different ethnicities and cultures.
Atascocita high school showed a lot of great school spirit from sweaters to football games. I was in band and we always had school spirit playing and marching our way to success bringing light and fun to it. We always mingled with the other school and most of all our number one rival, Kingwood. After games we would play ride the pony in the parking lot and have fun with the Kingwood band. It was always about fun when it came to competitions and everyone came down to see us play. The one thing I would like to see change is punishing the whole school for fights that only two people were involved with. We almost were denied a prom due to someone's stupidity.
Start Your Review of Atascocita High School
Atascocita is a great highschool with a lot of diversity, great teachers and athletics. The Principal is one of the best in the state and his staff is wonderful.
I loved my experience at AHS, during this time I found out who I wanted to be. I was involved in NHS and the drill team at the school and it made my experience very good because of the friends and support I had.
It was a good school. I liked the way the principles would involve the student in everyday life.they didn't treat their students like little kids. they treated them as young adults.