ASU Prep Polytechnic High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A89 Students
- B+64 Students
- A-56 Students
- B36 Students
- B+23 Students
- B18 Students
- B+15 Students
- B-13 Students
- A+13 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
ASU Prep Polytechnic High School Reviews
Arizona State University Preparatory STEM Academy Polytechnic Campus High School is a charter school located in Mesa, Arizona. Arizona State University Preparatory STEM Academy Polytechnic Campus High School is good for academics, focusing on Cambridge curriculum. Arizona State University Preparatory STEM Academy Polytechnic Campus High School is a good school for students who wish to have a small community, however its size may also deter its potential. There is currently construction to expand the school which is very promising, however it has caused this current school year to be a pain in the buttocks. There is a very active student community with many diverse clubs, happening almost every day. The student-teacher relationships are actually extremely refreshing, and shows how much the teachers care. The diversity has gotten so much better in recent years, and as the school expands, the diversity will follow.
Mrs. Keller, the principal at the school was horrible. She was never around to answer questions or return calls. She was always in her phone. The boys were always talking about how her dress was so revealing which made my daughter very uncomfortable. When students were presenting at big school events she was on her phone or not there. She had double standards for girls and boys. She has seen kissing several different men and having affairs with co-workers. Students threaten teachers and other students with weapons and nothing was done about it. Mrs. Keller really brings down the school.
ASU Prep is a small charter school that focuses highly on academics. Since my freshman year I was encouraged to do well, not because it would make them look better, but for my own personal benefit. They allowed me to skip math classes that I surpassed, which was the deciding factor for me when choosing high schools. While they do require extra credits than most high schools, (seniors don't get half days!) they truly prepare you for college applications and admissions. The association with ASU is pretty good, we're able to use their labs and buildings, and I was able to receive an internship at ASU Poly my senior year. The faculty is very transitional, and the admins are often hard to reach, but overall they aim to help. The counselor is very kind and very helpful to both students and parents. For a new school, they're pretty good.