Astronaut High School is a public school located in Titusville, FL. It has 1,104 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Astronaut High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-227 Students
- A+165 Students
- A145 Students
- C142 Students
- A124 Students
- B+98 Students
- A+70 Students
- B61 Students
- B+60 Students
- B+36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Astronaut High School
Astronaut High School Reviews
Astronaut High School is quite a mixed bag. While there are many teachers who are passionate about learning and education, there are also many who are focused far more on athletics, and the test scores and graduation rates certainly reflect this duality. Certain students who strive for success in the classroom can achieve many great things at Astronaut, however, there are many more unmotivated and lazy students who do not receive the proper guidance in order to succeed outside of the walls of Astronaut.
Astronaut High School offers its students a fun and safe environment to learn. There are many opportunities for students to get involved and push themselves toward success. AHS began to work towards a new goal where 100% of its students graduate and continue their education at a college, university, or other technical/trade school.
I was an honors student, so the teachers I had were much more involved and compassionate compared to the teachers of regular courses, from what I've heard. Most teachers genuinely care about their students and offer help whenever it is needed, but there are the select few that are there just to make money. Astronaut offers dual enrollment, which is incredible. BUT when it comes to scheduling and making changes to the school, it seems like not faculty/staff really cares about the negative impacts that has on the dual enrollment students, such as not being able to graduate with an AA. Overall, Astronaut is a pretty decent school, but there is definitely a lot of room to improve.