Astoria Senior High School is a public school located in Astoria, OR. It has 595 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A48 Students
- B46 Students
- A-33 Students
- B-25 Students
- C+23 Students
- A-19 Students
- A+19 Students
- B+15 Students
- B13 Students
- B+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Astoria Senior High School
- BSeaside High School
- Seaside School District, OR
- 36 reviews
- CNaselle-Grays River Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Naselle-Grays River Valley School District, WA
- 18 reviews
- B+Ilwaco Senior High School
- Ocean Beach School District, WA
- 22 reviews
- B-Warrenton High School
- Warrenton-Hammond School District, OR
- 19 reviews
Astoria Senior High School Reviews
Astoria High school gave me the tools that I needed to perform and transition into the college level. It's my hometown high school where many of my existing memories are reserved and where the were created. I love the school spirit when it came to sports! I wish to have been more involved and for there to have been more diversity within the staff. One of the things that I loved was that it was a small school everybody knew everyone and it something amazing. My overall experience was a good one. I felt safe going to and coming home from school. I now look back and reminiece on the unforgettable memories that Astoria High School has given me.
Astoria Senior High school is so positive! I love it. I have been here for four years, throughout those four years I have learned a lot, I have grown as a person emotional and physical! I am so thankful for my cross county and track team! Staff at Astoria High School staff is very supportive on what ever we need!
There was a lack of attention for students who were doing well. Essentially, if students were going to graduate, it did not matter if they were being challenged or receiving the best education they could. It only mattered that they showed up and did well on standardized tests to earn money for the school. Male sports teams were shown overwhelmingly more support (monetary and not) than other sport teams.