Astoria Senior High School is a public school located in Astoria, OR. It has 595 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Astoria Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-50 Students
- B47 Students
- A-34 Students
- B-26 Students
- C+23 Students
- A19 Students
- A+19 Students
- B16 Students
- B-13 Students
- B+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Astoria Senior High School
- B-Seaside High School
- Seaside School District, OR
- 36 reviews
- C+Naselle-Grays River Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Naselle-Grays River Valley School District, WA
- 18 reviews
- B-Ilwaco Senior High School
- Ocean Beach School District, WA
- 22 reviews
- BWarrenton High School
- Warrenton-Hammond School District, OR
- 19 reviews
Astoria Senior High School Reviews
It’s pretty much what you’d expect for a smaller school. It’s got opportunities but you can always have access to them. They have a lot of different options in the arts and they have a good selection of sports. I wish they would add more electives that are more fun though. I also wish they wouldn’t just have one class period for some classes. I think you can tell that most teachers really care about the students and want to help them learn. The office staff and principal are great and do really good work. The counselors are really nice and you can talk to them about anything. I feel like if the school had better funding, they could really improve a lot of things. Overall, AHS is a pretty average high school.
Astoria High school gave me the tools that I needed to perform and transition into the college level. It's my hometown high school where many of my existing memories are reserved and where the were created. I love the school spirit when it came to sports! I wish to have been more involved and for there to have been more diversity within the staff. One of the things that I loved was that it was a small school everybody knew everyone and it something amazing. My overall experience was a good one. I felt safe going to and coming home from school. I now look back and reminiece on the unforgettable memories that Astoria High School has given me.
Astoria Senior High school is so positive! I love it. I have been here for four years, throughout those four years I have learned a lot, I have grown as a person emotional and physical! I am so thankful for my cross county and track team! Staff at Astoria High School staff is very supportive on what ever we need!