Astoria High School Reviews

Every school has its perks and downfalls; This one is just about average, but perfect if you like a smaller community.
We have the typical sport choices for a small rural school. We co-op sports with another school in our area and that boosts competition for spots sometimes. Extracurricular clubs are also typical, art, drama, Spanish, scholastic bowl, fishing, etc., and sponsors are energetic and helpful. Most clubs are very active in school and community.
The food was better before the new government guidelines. The salad bar usually has good choices of fresh veggies and salads, but should be more fresh fruit choices. We no longer are offered a choice of two entrees and wish we were.
Start Your Review of Astoria High School
I feel completely safe in my school, mostly because of the staff that is there. Recently the school installed cameras and a buzzer system on the front doors, so only people who should get in, get in. When threats have been made, they have always been taken seriously.
The teachers are pretty good. Most have 15 or more years of experience and advanced degrees. They genuinely care about their students. I only give a B+ because the best English teacher, teacher overall, has retired and a new one is unknown. Overall the teachers push students to above their assumed ability.
It was a good experience. I made many friends is grade school and kept them for all of my school career. My school is small. Only 100 or so students in the high school. this environment was very conducive to help and mentoring with classes and encouragement from staff to be inovolved in activities
I don't feel like our school prepares students well for vocational careers. It does do a good of preparing students for college. not finding the middle very well
the school is just old, repaiting old things