Astor Collegiate Academy Reviews

Some teachers are good, a majority should be changed. Students are terrible and don't care about academics, should not admit students by random selection if they want to increase diversity and graduation rate.
Although Astor made you want to strive for the best academically, the surroundings at time could be overwhelming and the teachers could have been better or dealt with situations more effectively.
I liked how the school pushes each and every one of its students to strive. they completely understand that it is up to student to decide whether or not that they want to succeed or fail.
Start Your Review of Astor Collegiate Academy
I love the school, awesome teachers and staff members. They have an awesome way of running the school, having clubs and activities students can do after school and Able to be college ready and professionals.
The facilities were not the best because of low funding in yet another public school in The Bronx but the teachers I had were true professionals and they helped to motivate me to succeed because they saw potential in me.What the school lacked in resources were made up for through partnerships with after school programs such as GearUp and Trio and other extracurricular activities that were very helpful in my college application process. I will never forget the days I spent in this school. The things that I have learned, the relationships that I have built and the people that I have met will forever be a part of me.
Astor Collegiate Academy is an outstanding school both grade wise and behavior wise. The teachers and staffs work their hardest to make sure the students are being taught well and is accomplishing something on a day to day basis. What I would improve about this school is to have more extra after school activities so students could be more involved and also i would have more events like fundraisers, trips, college visits, homecoming dance, etc for the students.
I very much enjoy my high school. ever since my freshman year, the teachers, staff, and school in general has been a shining example of how education should be delivered and received. Learning is one of the main priorities in my school, and it is buffed with the many attributes of extra curricular programs, sundry a.p classes, and numerous other opportunities. At my school, we learn the basic core fundamentals of all classes, and gradually learn more and more each year. The classes are very much rewarding, if you are placed in an honors or even a.p class, you will find more rewards in those. I am currently in my senior year, and I have very much enjoyed the difficult but rewarding years of my highschool!
Astor Collegiate Academy is one of the 5 schools in Columbus. The teachers and administrators are friendly and the parents are involved. There are a variety of activities/sports open to the students.
The teachers put hard work in their teaching, but the students aren't really college ready. But that is not the school to blame. Who ever focuses on their studies graduates from Astor a college ready student, especially with their AP courses.
I love the after school activities and they offer a lot of sports
Well the parents do come to our school events and our PTA meeting if they miss something the parents contact the teachers to reschedule another time to meet with them. The parents effort to be involved is really great.
The teachers at my school really help me understand what they are trying to teach me.
Horrible, food was horrible, kids are out of control, fights daily, staff doesn't care. Teachers have been hit.
Teachers give lackluster lessons and have no control over students who usually speak over the teacher.
There is always security around. Outside the school and inside; there's even a precinct approximately 5 minutes away.
The cheerleading team and the dance team was really fun and competitive.
Spirit week is one of my favorite experiences and if I can choose this school all over again I would because I love my English class and the school events.
Start Your Review of Astor Collegiate Academy
The teachers at this school are very supportive to the students and their families.
Astor Collegiate Academy is not a bad school at all, in fact it is very good regarding athletics and academics. I love the fact that my school has a partnership with colleges. My only issue is the lack of parent involvement, some things cannot get done without the support of parents and this makes it difficult to get some things like fund raising done.
The teachers are great. The only problem in the school is mainly the students' behavior with one another. Due to the school being in a building with 7 other schools, people tend to bully and push each other buttons.