Astec Charter High School Reviews

I like their caring for one another. The readiness to help their students in need with scholarships or with even financial aid as well
The things I like about ASTEC is the faculty, the teachers are kind and helpful when you need it, you can really get a connection with teachers, and they treat you like adults, with respect. Another thing that I like about ASTEC is the opportunities that they provide for their students like scholarships, community service, and assistance for anything you need. An issue that ASTEC has is that ASTEC is a Charter school, which means it has to provide its own funding which may show a lack of materials for students and teachers, but that doesn't stop the teachers from trying their best to give their students the best education they deserve. The Rowing team is my favorite sports team at our school.
I like that ASTEC is a diverse school. It is fill with outstanding melting pot of personality personality and culture. Although, ASTEC is a charter school, meaning that it provide it's own funding. This can cause lack of resources for the scholars. In general, I would rate it 4 stars.
Start Your Review of Astec Charter High School
I would of have had a good experience, if the school was not too much focused on dress code and more on education. Astec had some good teachers, but we kept having teachers leaving about an average of 4 to 6 teachers a year leave due to faculty, or students. Astec needs better with staff communication between each other and their students, as well as, bettering the food and having more money towards their other sports than just one sport which is more of basketball.
I've attended ASTEC Charter High School since freshman year. The teachers are strict but they really teach well. Each year at ASTEC, I've been motivated by my teachers to succeed in my education. I have matured greatly and have became a better student because of them. I dislike the fact that our dress code is so strict to the point where we have to change shoes if they're not a solid black or white. It's not effective because students do not obey the dress code rules enough. We also lack school spirit since students easily get annoyed by the rules and regulations.
Astec can be a good school if one does not like to do anything and literally just go to school. They have no clubs or activities and the ones that they do have you have to have no absences, no tardies, and a high GPA. Also they are always hiring new teachers because they always end up quitting, but the teachers they do have and that have been there for years do know how to teach. Overall its an alright schools, and they have nice computers.
ASTEC is a school that focuses on helping each student reach their full potential Their teachers are more than qualified and show that they really do care for their students and their success. This school provides opportunities for their students that not every school offers. It gives them opportunities to shine and find what it is that they want to pursue when they get older, especially for those students who struggle financially since it only costs 30 dollars to enroll.
Here at Astec it's very nice and calm. It's not like most high schools.. They actually care about you and make you put effort into your work. They expect something from you because you made the choice of coming to astec.
Not very many extracurricular activities but the ones that are available are great.
I enjoy the school. Great people and teachers. Only thing I dislike are the policies that are enforced by administration because sometimes they care more about how the school's reputation rather than whats better for the students.
Most of the teachers are passionate about what they are teaching and accommodate to the students' needs. Most of the teachers teach in a way that gives the students an easier way to understand topics.
The extracurricular opportunity this have were very limited. I myself didn't take any because I was always so shy and never had a ride so I just stayed home. I wished I was in basketball because I love sports now and I think if I was in basketball I would had lost weight quicker.
My experience overall at this school is that, the teachers are great and caring. They taught me that everywhere you go there is rules to everything but they are meant to better yourself. This school is unique is because they are strict but they do it out of love, I barely see fight up at this school. Compared to a public school you can trust yours backpack in class and no one would steal it.
How I would describe the teacher at the school is that they are very sweet down to earth people that just love kids, they know how to teach because I learned a lot from them. They out of their way to help out everyone. They get along with the students very well that we trust them and respect them all.
The safely here at ASTEC is very well. Bullying has been a problem a couple of times, but its been more controlled this year more then ever. Which however there is no school nurse here at ASTEC which is a much most of the times. But due to the safely policies here at ASTEC are very well like I said there hasn't been a problem because everything there is running nice and smooth.
The clubs at ASTEC Charter High School are very fun and beneficial. Like as for example Health Corps is a very good example of a club at ASTEC. The food, snacks they make there are very health not only that but they do fundraiser and the money they raise they end up giving it up to an organization that helps they community.
So far this school could honestly be the best decision my mom has made for me. Coming to this school made me realize many stuff like example how to work with a team, to improve your teaming skills. ASTEC Charter High School is a school thats all about it's technology. Why I would choose it again is mostly the staff and teachers there, they are always willing to take time for there busy schedule to help the students on whatever subject they need extra help in.
Start Your Review of Astec Charter High School
The teachers and staff at ASTEC Charter High School very well respectful people. They take time off there life to teach us the best they can. No matter if you don't understand the problems your working on the teachers there try their very best so you can understand them.
For health, we have the Health Corps Program, who he promotes healthy nutritional and how to eat healthy. For safety, we have automatic locks on the entrances, he have cameras inside and outside the school, and the school provides these anonymous boxes where people can anonymously report bullying.
I think that most popular one is stuco. There many extracurricular that students can choose from such as Latin club, the wiz bowl, and art club.