Aspire Ollin University Preparatory Academy is a public, charter school located in Huntington Park, CA. It has 578 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
2540 E. 58th St.
Huntington Park, CA 90255
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-55 Students
- A+54 Students
- A43 Students
- A-35 Students
- A35 Students
- B-34 Students
- A+34 Students
- A32 Students
- B31 Students
- A+29 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Aspire Ollin University Preparatory Academy Reviews
This school seeks for an opportunity for the students to be college readiness. Thus, my experience has so far been great, I’ve had a great educational Experience with my teachers and fellow classmates all 5 years I’ve attended at Ollin. The School build students upon the 4 ESLRS: Create, Communicate, Collaborate, and Critical think. Through this it has helped me build a stronger connection with the Ollin community and my academics. Our school is built upon many Hispanics/ Latinos and not much diversity is seen at Ollin. The change of request would be to build a stronger diverse Ollin community.
My experience at my school, Aspire Ollin University Preparatory Academy, has been overall very good because i have been with the same teachers and staff since middle school, so it has a sense of familiarity and home.Everyone in my school is comfortable with each other and we all respect each other. The teachers and the principal respect our different cultures and embraced them through many activities, such as drawing murals of powerful latinos, and making retreats for the students to embrace being a woman and latina.
Aside from the select adequate teacher or two, the school environment is hazardous. Preferential treatment is a commonality, and there is a greater emphasis on academic performance than on students emotional and mental wellbeing. Administration leaves a lot to desire, and students are forced to seek out counselors as well as other school officials. No real sense of community aside from the variety of cliques found among student body.