Aspire Lionel Wilson College Preparatory Academy Reviews

This school is TERRIBLE for Black students. DO NOT send your Black child here.

Administration does not believe in kicking out students who pose threats to the learning environment. They foster hostile work spaces and think that restorative justice is better than true student and family accountability.
Its a preparatory school, the lunch sucks and you'll find a handful of teachers that are great people and teach properly but the whole school tends to have no spirit and is very disorganized in my opinion.
The school is very small so you receive more help from the staff. The staff really cares about your academic excellence.
Start Your Review of Aspire Lionel Wilson College Preparatory Academy
Lionel Wilson Prep is a small school in Oakland California. This school is a college preparatory where students are getting prepared for college. I believe this school is good because it has a great connection with their students and their goal is to have students prepared for college. They set really high standards for students to reach their goals and dreams by making their way from high school to college.
This school gave me the necessary tools to get me into multiple universities, but not the tools to survive at one.
It needs more diversity. Admin worries too much about people wearing hoodies. Needs more extracurricular activities.
Aspire’s curriculum is great. The teachers genuinely care about the students and try their best to help us succeed. Lionel Wilson Prep provides college classes on campus to make it easier for us.
I like how the teachers show they really care about you. They all have good intentions and only want to see students succeed. This school offers a lot of support and help for students when they are applying for college. Also, they really push everyone to their potential and give students resources to be successful.
Students are unhappy with faculty and they protest frequently. One good thing would be that they really encourage taking college classes, which can be very beneficial in the future.
The teachers here are extremely dedicated to their work. Unfortunately they are focused on the students that fall behind which means that those who are where they should be or ahead don't get as much help moving even higher in their education. These students are then left alone and never inspired or helped go even further.
Dean of middle school is a disgusting human being!!! racist, thief, rude, etc... Very bad choice of staff.
Something that I would like to see different is for the school to be more funded. Due to the lack of money we are not getting to experience that "high school life" because we don't have any a sports besides soccer, for any event we want or fun things to do our grade is responsible to fundraise money but only allowed 2 food sales a year! We rarely have any field trips, we've been to a few college tours.
this is a great amazing school. anyone and everyone should attend. wonderful experience for all. I love attending the school since I have received so much support from all staff.
All for years of high school were met with support of all staff. They did not just see us as students but as people, young adults, who a preparing for entering colleges. We were individuals with different possibilities
My over all experience in this charter school Lionel Wilson has made me the person who I am today because I've learned so many useful things that are going to prepare me after I graduate. I've been in Lionel since 6th grade and now I'm a senior.All these year that I've been here I've had great teachers that had helped me to reach my goals and for me to be prepared for the college.This school mostly wants students to be academically and mentally prepared for college because college is no easy route.For example, one of my weaknesses was that I didn't read a lot, but since the school has enforced us to read more during class and home my reading has improved.Also, I used to have bad grades but with the help that I've gotten from my teachers my grades have changed for good, which I'm glad about it.
Problems come and go with the staff but the teachers never let that get in their way when they teach. Teachers become like your friends. You vibe with your classmates very well and they become family. The rules with the uniform are very irrelevant because we aren't permitted to wear hoods and we have to have a certain all black no logo jacket on. We can only use the restroom 2 times a day. The hyphy movement exists here because of the energy each grade level brings, every year its different. Teachers act like the students in order to get along with them, they gain way more respect when we are able to notice that they can vibe with us and that they're not just our teachers.
Nothing really of measures are included.
Start Your Review of Aspire Lionel Wilson College Preparatory Academy
Not the best because I don't think a lot of students are aware of how important extracurriculars are.
It's very amazing however the facilities could be improved. More funding would make school a lot of fun.
Each and every single teacher is amazing at what they do. They make sure you enjoy going to school rather than feel like you hate school.