Aspire Langston Hughes Academy Reviews

I have been in Aspire schools since the second grade and was in the elementary school on the same campus as LHA. The school wants you to go to college, but it is very much a they will only help you if you help them. It is very easy at this school to fall behind and become apart of the students that don care about school. It requires dedication and hard work to truly succeed here, but they will prepare you for college
The vision they have for the school is very inspiring, all children from the school get into a college. It is a very loving and caring school, with the staff knowing your name on a first name basis, making it seem like a community. Although it's emphasis on college is much needed, allowing more sports and social events would make the school even better.
Aspire Langston Hughes Academy is a great school for students are ready to go to college right after school. They have many different programs for students.
Start Your Review of Aspire Langston Hughes Academy
It is a great experience a bumpy road to the final goal because of my own faults. I would not change a thing.
What I liked about Aspire Langston Hughes Academy, is the diversity that this school has and all the individuals will come together in time of need despite their differences. I also liked how this school is willing to give you the college experience and prepare the upcoming high schoolers for college. One thing I would change about this school is the certain ways things are done. Also the way certain Staffs behaviors. The principal should worry about not only the students behavior, but also the staff, because some act immature and do not have a respectful behavior at times and feel like they should treat us how we treat them which to them its not a lot of respect.
It's a good school, they are all very supportive of your goals and dreams of going to college and they push you to be your greatest.
What I liked was the amount of support I have recieved from every individual teacher which is a huge advantage of applying for a smaller school.
I love Aspire Langston Hughes Academy because, they provide free college classes and the opportunity to get our AA degree for free. They treat the students as if they are college students, so its like we get a feel of how college is before we actually get to our college we desire. Also I like how we have to be accepted into a 4 year university in order to graduate, even though you may or may not want to go to that college there is still the opportunity to go to college if we wanted to.
My experience at LHA was great! I love how they offer college classes to High School students, so they can be ahead of everyone when they attend a 4 year College/University. The people are friendly and the teachers care about you.
I liked and disliked this school for a couple of reasons. I liked this school because of the academic system like the college classes for free. I dislike this school because of the staff, the staff and their hospitality could improve.
Langston Hughes has changed drastically. In the beginning of 6th grade, we had amazing teachers and great staff. Now that we got new staff, they seem aggressive and I dont feel comfortable around them because they are always putting their hands on students. Now we have a new principle, or dean. No one knows who she is or what she does. The staff in the office are extremely rude and only act nice when there is parents around.
The things I like about Langston Hughes Academy is that they really help you with college. also they give you college classes so you would have experience and so your transcript would look good and you could most likely to go to college. some of the things that could change is not to have exhibitions for seniors and have them do something else.
My experience at this school is great the school is so close and has its own culture. Which is the best thing about the school besides the academic opprunities. The staff member are always kind and ready to help you with any needs. I am so glad that my mom has sent me to this school
Being a student at LHA has been amazing. This year will be my last after 7 years because I will be graduating. Attending LHA has been a great experience because I received so many opportunities and made so many memories. I like how involved the staffs, teachers, and administrations are with their students. LHA's academic counsellors does such an amazing job with helping seniors apply to colleges, fafsa, and meet with college reps. Also, because our school is pretty small, everyone knows each other so it's easier for everyone to get along. However, one thing I would change about LHA is the uniforms because I feel like kids should have the opportunity to express themselves through their clothing.
I love this school! The atmosphere feels safe, students can mix with everyone, the is lots of diversity, and the teachers show that they care. Many times after school, the teachers offer tutoring hours, the teachers even give the student their phone numbers in case they have quick questions on homework or projects. The only thing I would change, is for faculty members to be more in touch with parents and not be so stiff.
I like going to this school. The staff is very supportive and determined to help students achieve success. I would like to see more sports added in.
My experience at Langston Hughes Academy was amazing. Something I like about the school is the close relationships with teachers. The teachers actually cared and invest in the students future. In addition, the counselors there gave the best academic advice and helped guide me throughout high school. They made sure that before we graduated, we were prepared for the transition into college. Moreover, since it is a small school, everyone becomes a family. Which is why it is so hard to say goodbye after graduation. However, something I would like to see change is probably have more fun events on campus. Although, I did not get the 'real high school' experience that includes having a football team and exciting rallys, I do not regret going to a college readiness school because I recieved the best academic experience.
Start Your Review of Aspire Langston Hughes Academy
We have a lot of opportunities at LHA and many students take advantage of those opportunities.
Students rarely feel unsafe, but it isn't necessarily the school, it's the surrounding area. We don't live in the safest city ever so there are some safety concerns.
There aren't a ton of extracurricular activities, but the activities we do have are unique and fun.