Aspire Langston Hughes Academy Reviews

What I loved about this school is that they provide free college courses throughout the school year which prepare kids for college level work. There needs to be more improvement in terms of extracurriculars and culture within the school. Also, administration changes so frequently that is too difficult for students, teachers, and staff to keep up with.
What I really enjoyed about Aspire LHA was that it was a college for certain campus. Meaning that I was given the opportunity to take part in the early start program with San Joaquin Delta College and take college courses.
Aspire Langston Hughes Academy is an aspire public school. The school starts from 6th grade all the way to 12th grade. I've been there since 6th grade and will be graduating from LHA this year. LHA is a small school and its not like any other high school in Stockton. All the students have to wear uniform (polo shirts and khaki pants), the schools sweatshirts and only have two days where we can wear jeans. Being at LHA is not all that great I wish I had left when I first had the chance, but my friends were all staying so I stayed. A good thing that I like about my school is that the teachers are very supportive and helpful when it comes to the students. The school also provides the high school students with college classes and students who graduate have the ability to graduate with your AA.
Start Your Review of Aspire Langston Hughes Academy
The thing I like best about the school is the way that they prepare you for your future and how much the teachers interact with their students. They always make sure that we're happy and try their best to help us. The things that they lack though are the clubs and how much activities they have for the students. The clubs aren't really that interesting and they don't even have a band for musicians like myself. They do give 2 years of college classes for high schoolers though so that's a great thing that they offer but I wish we could choose them though.
The main thing I admire about aspire Langston Hughes Academy is that we are a family. Our students all get along, and will stick up for one another no matter the steaks and circumstances. Many of the staff around campus have formed a bond with the students, making us feel safe and cared for.
Aspire Langston Hughes Academy is a very small school. Student do not quite realize it, but we are a family. We all create these memories full of laughter, tears and even anger but there is no school tighter than ours. When something goes wrong there is support everywhere from staffs and students.
I have attended LHA for all of my high school years, and have grown to fall in love with it and call it home. As a Senior, I know and understand how much our counselors and teachers are willing to do in order for us to succeed, and I cannot be more grateful. I am proud to attend this school and to see it help even more students get ready for life after high school.
It's a very friendly and safe school, but the administration and certain policies at the school can be a little tough to put up with.
I really enjoy the diversity on this campus, but I really do not enjoy the disorganized events we hold at this school. This school has lots of academic advantages and will guarantee you to be college for certain.
Langston Hughes is a college for certain school, and is really diverse too. Teachers and staffs are always there to help you, and guide you throughout the years. They offer college classes, and the best college counselors that guide you through your college applications, and anything else that you need help with.
Definitely a small school, but 100% better than any other public/private school in Stockton because of the college preparatory environment and motivation.
Going to a college prep school help with preparation for college but also helped with preparation for a life taught me many things on not only how to be a student but how to be an adult
The experience at Langston Hughes has made me feel under-prepared for further education despite it's claim 'College-For-Certain'. Gives the false pretenses that the students will be prepared for the college they get accepted to. Many staff members have been a great help in building the self-esteem of their students, but moral is still low for many. The budgeting needs work, but many teachers do pour their hearts into teaching.
I have been attending Langston Hughes Academy since the sixth grade and have been in the aspire realm since kindergarten. My experience at this school has not been the complete best if I'm being honest. I feel as if we need a bigger campus because share a campuse with an elementary school and the classes are cramped fitting 32 kids in one classroom. And because the the school is under aspire, i feel as if I do not get the typical high school experience but I cannot speak for everyone. I will shed some light on this review, thanks to the school, i am enrolled in college and taking college courses to get my AA by my senior year of high school.
Ridiculous school. As a student we were not always treated with any type of respect. If we said anything that was agains the ideals of a worker it was complete shame, devastation, and much too serious. The bias feeling all around was terrible. It was work, and more work, not to mention typical class work and then the massive amounts extra that were always given. Too many expectations and not enough help to reach the highest achievement that the school wanted, and it was not for the students, but only so the school ratings would increase.
I like how they set us up to succeed in college, but I wish they would pay more attention to the concerns of the students.
I am a high school senior, and this school is good at getting us prepared for college through the introduction of college courses for students. Also, this school is decently diverse, but has many people come from different backgrounds. This school is lacking school culture and a change needed is more school spirit and this school is smaller than an average high school. All in all, it is good to experience and get ready for college.
Start Your Review of Aspire Langston Hughes Academy
I have been in Aspire schools since the second grade and was in the elementary school on the same campus as LHA. The school wants you to go to college, but it is very much a they will only help you if you help them. It is very easy at this school to fall behind and become apart of the students that don care about school. It requires dedication and hard work to truly succeed here, but they will prepare you for college
The vision they have for the school is very inspiring, all children from the school get into a college. It is a very loving and caring school, with the staff knowing your name on a first name basis, making it seem like a community. Although it's emphasis on college is much needed, allowing more sports and social events would make the school even better.
Aspire Langston Hughes Academy is a great school for students are ready to go to college right after school. They have many different programs for students.