Ashley Hall School Reviews

I joined Ashley Hall in 8th grade, and I love the All-Girls atmosphere it provided me through high school. Although the curriculum is rigorous, it was a healthy challenge that taught me how to manage my time and seek out extra-help when I needed it. Similarly, the college counseling office is one of the best, and I am confident that I will be successful in college and beyond thanks to Ashley Hall.

On the side regarding school culture and diversity, Ashley Hall is lacking. Although we are taking steps in the right direction, we still have a long way to go before we can call our school community "diverse." Luckily, I have been able to see in my five years at the school that change is happening. Change doesn't occur over night, but I know that there will be a day where Ashley Hall will not have a majority race or religion. Hopefully, that day comes sooner than expected.
Ashley Hall is a hellhole. The students in high school are self-centered and only care about themselves. They are all "snakes" and some of them only run for things to win-like student body president- and for colleges, so they can prove something about themselves to others. Jill Muti only knows your name is you are in strings and even if you have been going for countless years she will NEVER acknowledge you. She never attends sporting events, but you know where you will find her: Italy, or a violin recital. They use the diverse looking students for pictures to make the school seem worldly. The other week, the school took three diverse students and made them take pictures for a magazine, but you know what they all had in common: they did not represent the school, they represented the upper class. They are the rich people of the school that win student body president and think they are cool. Fix your jacked up school Ashley Hall.
i attended this school for many years. administration is awful and do not care about students, only about the schools appearnce. students are rude and fake to their "friends". most of the students there are put on an extreme amount of mental stress that young high schoolers should not be facing. i found myself in a mental downspire my last year and i have become a happier and healthier person after leaving. students are toxic and and fed political opinions straight from their rich evangelical parents and don't form opinions for themselves. food and is bland and they don't try very hard to improve it. they don't listen to or improve real complaints and are strict over small minuscule details that distract students from their education. this school is awful and i regret paying the exspensive tuition for years of such a low quality experience.
Start Your Review of Ashley Hall School
I have attended this school since Kindergarten, and I will be graduating in May. Going to an all girls school is nice because the "distraction" of boys is not present, but it gets old after a while. There are only ~50 students in each grade, so you get to know almost everybody.
In recent years, I have found that some departments have been lacking. There is too much emphasis on the music and arts, rather than what will be more beneficial for the work world such as languages, math, and science. There are specific people in the administration that get on my nerves, but it is only a select few. The majority are great to work with.
Academics are great and for the most part, prepare the students to go off to college.
I would really like to see a change in the uniform policies and lunches . In the past years we have had a healthy lunch policy but the majority of students do not eat the school lunches and skip lunch. Some of the teachers are qualified to teach here but others are often very bad and do not teach well/ prepare for AP exams. I often find that other schools are ahead of where we are in AP courses.
The community is very welcoming and accepting. They prepare you for college and the traditions are wonderful!
My daughter went to school here for 16 years, then attended Rice University. This school is so wonderful! She loved her teachers and they inspired her to become a great writer and a leader. She has excelled in college and has held top leadership positions on Honor Council and as President of her Residential College (and many others). Ashley Hall School has heart and soul, and will offer your child skills for them to go out into the world competitive, confident and high achieving. I cannot say enough good things about this school.
Ashley Hall provides students with a vigorous academic environment and challenges students to be innovative leaders in their community.
I’ve been at Ashley Hall for 10 years and I believe there is no better education. Ashley Hall mentally and physically prepares you for college and if you are having trouble in a subject, teachers are always there to help.
Ashley Hall is an amazing experience, in which they prepare you for each grade you are about to enter or college. Their curriculum is challenging, but that helps create a better environment and helps with your academics. They are not only focused on academics, but also offer plenty other clubs, sports, and other activities, in which create a well-rounded school.
Ashley Hall is a great school that is very academically competitive, with an intense focus on liberal arts, humanities, and class discussions. I have found that this encouraging school environment has driven me to do very well, and given me more academic motivation then I have ever had.
Amazing, nurturing school offering top-notch individualized education. Dedicated teachers and staff. Gorgeous facilities. I have learned so much there.
I loved my experience at Ashley Hall. All of the teachers and faculty were amazing and I made friends for live there.
Ashley hall is not all it is played out to be. The school advertises it to be very diverse and a welcoming place which is far from the truth. The teachers put limited in to helping students and the school lacks grabbing students attention in classes by having few to none hands on activities to relate to subjects taught in class. The sports lack equipment and are not focused on. Some teachers can lack compassion for students and even make rude comments in class. The lunches are bland and lack to extravagant and can make the food tastes even worse. I feel that ashley hall pays to little on big details and to much on small details.
Administration is rude and self-centered. School does not care about actual students, just how the schools appearance and reputation. Food is better with new chef as well as new nurse. Teachers significantly lack- in need of some young blood that can actually connect with and understand the students. Overall student body are elitest republicans forever fed by their parents with no diversity. They have photo shoots for all "foreign' looking student to prove how "worldly" they are. No clubs or activities, sports are weak. Highly disappointed- would never send my kid.
The nurse does absolutely nothing and is racist.
The clubs rarely meet or accomplish anything.
Start Your Review of Ashley Hall School
I hated this school with a passion.
The Harkness teaching style is atrocious.
There are some really outstanding teachers but they are balanced out by some teachers who do not meet the high standards. More do however, than don't.