Ashley Hall School Reviews

Ashley Hall is an amazing experience, in which they prepare you for each grade you are about to enter or college. Their curriculum is challenging, but that helps create a better environment and helps with your academics. They are not only focused on academics, but also offer plenty other clubs, sports, and other activities, in which create a well-rounded school.
Ashley Hall is a great school that is very academically competitive, with an intense focus on liberal arts, humanities, and class discussions. I have found that this encouraging school environment has driven me to do very well, and given me more academic motivation then I have ever had.
Amazing, nurturing school offering top-notch individualized education. Dedicated teachers and staff. Gorgeous facilities. I have learned so much there.
Start Your Review of Ashley Hall School
I loved my experience at Ashley Hall. All of the teachers and faculty were amazing and I made friends for live there.
Ashley hall is not all it is played out to be. The school advertises it to be very diverse and a welcoming place which is far from the truth. The teachers put limited in to helping students and the school lacks grabbing students attention in classes by having few to none hands on activities to relate to subjects taught in class. The sports lack equipment and are not focused on. Some teachers can lack compassion for students and even make rude comments in class. The lunches are bland and lack to extravagant and can make the food tastes even worse. I feel that ashley hall pays to little on big details and to much on small details.
Administration is rude and self-centered. School does not care about actual students, just how the schools appearance and reputation. Food is better with new chef as well as new nurse. Teachers significantly lack- in need of some young blood that can actually connect with and understand the students. Overall student body are elitest republicans forever fed by their parents with no diversity. They have photo shoots for all "foreign' looking student to prove how "worldly" they are. No clubs or activities, sports are weak. Highly disappointed- would never send my kid.
The nurse does absolutely nothing and is racist.
The clubs rarely meet or accomplish anything.
I hated this school with a passion.
The Harkness teaching style is atrocious.
There are some really outstanding teachers but they are balanced out by some teachers who do not meet the high standards. More do however, than don't.
Academically, it's terrific. The one thing that has hurt the school experience is the elitist culture and lack of true diversity and acceptance of those with differences. This does not apply to faculty, but it definitely applies to students.
The all-girls environment is amazing. Communication skills are greatly developed. The main issue is that the administration doesn't seem to trust the students. It always seems as though they expect the worst from us. From dances to assemblies, they constantly are warning us not to do anything to make them look bad. It feels as though they care more about the reputation of the school than the actual girls.
At Ashley Hall, I truly believe that I have received a better education than I would in any other school in Charleston. The Ashley Hall community is incredible, and the people I have met at Ashley Hall will be life long friends. The all girls environment makes it easier to find your voice, and have confidence. Girls with the will have the ability.
I loved attending Ashley Hall. The small class sizes make it very easy to get to know the teachers, as well as classmates. Everyone wants each other to succeed, which contributes to the supporting environment. The many traditions like the Christmas Play, graduating in white gowns, Big/Little sisters, Kidnap, and Junior/Senior festivities sculpt the experience and help to make Ashley Hall such a special place. I'm so glad I was given the opportunity to attend school here because it definitely gave me a leg-up in college academically.
I would not trade this experience for any other.
Our teachers truly make learning an exciting journey because they are all so passionate about their subject material.
Start Your Review of Ashley Hall School
I have participated in multiple clubs and have been a member of several different teams for many years.
The newly changed attendance policies are somewhat questionable.
The administration is good about things, but the guidance counselor is no help, the Dean of Students is much better. The dress code is followed strictly, but students can easily miss school. Bullying is not tolerated, but there have been cases were students have been terribly bullied.