Ashland High School Reviews

The school really cares more about the sports than drama and music. Our school is getting renovations everywhere but the auditorium and music classrooms. It's a little disappointing because so many students are involved in the drama and music Department. I'm involved in the music department and I play sports. So, I'm glad there's going to be new opportunities for the athletics but, I'm still upset about nothing changing for the musically gifted students at my school.
I love the staff and I made great memories here. However, the academics do not compare to those offered at other schools. They help the kids who are falling behind but fail to help those succeeding and I think that's a problem.
This year the entrance to school from the parking lot locks once the bell rings. You have to go to the front and push a button to be let in. The front office has a camera and can see who is pushing the button. That was a big step toward making the school safer.
Start Your Review of Ashland High School
. The Spanish club plans Sweeties and you can go on the Spain trip if you are a member. There is also Student Council, Decca and pep band as well as marching band. I participated in sports and we have all sports available.
I don't know if I would choose this school if I could do it over. Some teachers are very good and helpful while others are not. It's very political and many cliques but I understand that could be at any school.
overall quality of teachers - There are some real good ones but there are also some not so good ones.
I enjoyed Ashland High School. It was a great experience for me and I loved the staff and teachers they were always so helpful and nice.
My school is alright with sports. only about a quarter of my school plays sports. I think we are a D2 school. I have played almost every spot that my school offers. We don't have a pool but the athletic department is poorly put together and put too much stress on the kids.
There are not a lot of clubs. In fact I think there is only Spanish club and German clubs. Which I have attend some Spanish club meetings but I think its fun and very well put together.
There were some good clubs out there, but there could've been more. I know it's a small town, but all the more reason for more clubs and organizations.
Graduation didn't really seem real to me since I graduated early but Mr. Whiting was good at giving life pointers even though I had him for one class. He was motivating and helped motivate me to do my best once I left highschool which so far I've been doing great.
I've had certain teachers who were amazing and who i will remember forever, there are also many teachers that did not care or that did not put in the time.
There are many clubs for students to get involved in, however many of the clubs are close-minded and don't include everybody possible.
I feel as though i did take classes that challenged me and made me work hard. However many of the classes were not very challenging and repeated the same ideas.
My overall experience at Ashland High School was good, not because of staff or curriculum by any means, but the times I had with my friends. It was an important time in my life to have friends in my life and I've succeeded because of their support and the support of my guidance counselor. AHS has progressively gotten more strict but during my Freshman and Sophomore years I was with my friends all of the time and enjoying everything we did, we got to see each other often because nothing was strict.
It could be much worse but the options are really limited and always have been.
The helpfulness and involvement of the principal is fairly non-existent. My guidance counselor lead me through high school and I'm happy it was that way, I'm not sure I would have made it without him because that's where I received the support that I didn't get from home. Our dress code policy is carried out very unfairly and girls are frequently harassed for dress code rules that are not in the handbook. Attendance is poorly taken care of and students get treated incredibly unfairly in that category.
Start Your Review of Ashland High School
I do not take part in school sports or activities because when I do I feel secluded.
There are a few teachers that delve extensively into their subject and others that don't bother, but the few teachers that do evidently care show it. I think it's important there are more teachers that care because I personally excel when I'm being pushed to achieve better education.
My school does not have many options for clubs and organizations. If there are any organizations besides the German club or Role-Playing Games club, they've never been brought to my attention. I believe the kids that are involved in the clubs that exist don't get opportunities as they would at a bigger school.