Ashland High School is a public school located in Ashland, WI. It has 630 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Ashland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+47 Students
- B+33 Students
- B29 Students
- B24 Students
- A+24 Students
- B21 Students
- B+20 Students
- B+19 Students
- B17 Students
- A-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Ashland High School Reviews
Ashland High school lacked diversity and an understanding of what that is. While some teachers tried to share information about it, it was not made a priority by the administration or school as a whole. Because of this lack of knowledge, it is an extremely unsafe school for students of different backgrounds. The school also puts all of its money and emphasis on the athletics and does not address the extream mental health crisis affecting the school and continues to cut programs that help support struggling students.
Ashland High School was a great high school for me to attend to prepare for college. Both the staff and students were a great group of people that I managed to get close to throughout the four years I was there. There were plenty of activities both during and after school, so I never felt bored! Excellent school overall.
Ashland High School, overall was a decent school. However they did/do treat kids as if they are elementary kids. They have decent teachers, some better than others in all departments. Other than that, attending sporting events, school dances, or other activities make it more enjoyable.