Ashland High School is a public school located in Ashland, WI. It has 630 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Ashland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+45 Students
- B+32 Students
- B26 Students
- B22 Students
- A+22 Students
- B20 Students
- B17 Students
- B+17 Students
- B+17 Students
- A-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Ashland High School Reviews
Ashland High School was a great high school for me to attend to prepare for college. Both the staff and students were a great group of people that I managed to get close to throughout the four years I was there. There were plenty of activities both during and after school, so I never felt bored! Excellent school overall.
The school really cares more about the sports than drama and music. Our school is getting renovations everywhere but the auditorium and music classrooms. It's a little disappointing because so many students are involved in the drama and music Department. I'm involved in the music department and I play sports. So, I'm glad there's going to be new opportunities for the athletics but, I'm still upset about nothing changing for the musically gifted students at my school.
During my tenure with the high school; that was five years ago, it was your average typical high school. Staff and educators are 50/50 on friendliness and grumps. some are great; some... not so much. I had my fair share of educators who could've been more helpful and treat me with more respect. Otherwise, its been updated on the infrastructure since then and I haven't been inside. From what I hear, its become quite lavish.