Ashland High School Reviews

I grew up in Ashland, so I know a lot of the students I go to school with from elementary and middle school. I take a lot of AP and advanced courses, so my instructors have been good teachers with real interest in their subject. Elective choices are okay, but not great. Some of the buildings need serious renovation. Overall, my experience at AHS has been good.
Ashland High is a very welcoming and open place, although lacking in actual diversity. It is an outdoor campus with an average of about 1,000 students. There are some issues in administrations regarding the true wellbeing of its students, however they are very open to student led activities.
Overall it's a good school but it lacks diversity and a good amount of students smoke weed. The school counselors are good and staff is usually friendly. It's not perfect but compared to other schools in the surrounding area, it's fantastic.
Start Your Review of Ashland High School
i think the school could use more college prep. i think it also needs more then two advisers for over 1000 students, there's no way to reach that many kids to make sure there getting what they need. i got through high school because i played sports, they had an accountability system in place that made you stay on top of your grades.
All the teachers, guidance counselors, and faculty were open to help anyone in need. It was a very open-arms school, I felt safe and comfortable in my school. It was like one big family because everyone worked together, and everyone knew each other. We all wanted to see each other succeed. I was part of student council all four years in my high school career, meaning I spent most of my time with my advisor. He has helped so much in high school and even after I graduated. I was never afraid to go to him for help or if I had any questions about my future. He always stood behind me with every decision I made and helped me with where I am today.
Ashland High is a place of hot and cold. There are several teachers who I really love, but many are made to teach classes they are not qualified to teach.The administration is hard to talk to, but the students are generally wonderful people who are easy to get along with.
Ashland high school is moderately small but there are still plenty of people. There is definitely a drug issue however. I would guess that 65 percent of the people that go here do drugs consistently or have done them before. It also is not a very diverse school- the main race by far is Caucasian.
Being the Senior Class Vice President, I feel very involved and connected with the student body at my school. I am a part of many clubs and love going to sports games to watch my friends play. I’ve had some wonderful teachers over my past four years as a student at Ashland High School, but I have definitely had my fair share of teachers that I personally didn’t admire as much. I would like to see more diversity in the school’s atmosphere in the future. The school offers seminars for all students to begin preparing for college as early as Freshmen year. I have enjoyed my four years of high school, and will most definitely miss it when I graduate in 2018.
I live 20 miles away from Ashland High School and overall it was great experience attending this high school. It has rigorous academic and the teachers help the students if they are struggling. The high school also have a strong community where students can find a community of their interests
ASHLAND HIGH HAS VERY INVOLVED AND ENGAGING TEACHERS THAT MAKE THE LEARNING ATMOSPHERE CHALLENGING AND FUN.
Strong literature, theater, and creative arts programs. Outdoor Charter School and Night School are great options for non-traditional students or those who struggle with the typical classes. The faculty is supportive and well-trained. There are many different options for sports and other active pursuits for boys and girls.
More racial diversity.
More understanding staff (there's plenty of understanding staff, but more is more).
For some reason people think racism is funny, or ironic.
My high school experience at Ashland High School was one of the best. I have been able to become part of a large community in a small town, bringing us close together. The teachers work their hardest to give their students every opportunity to do great. Overall, Ashland High School is an amazing school.
Ashland High School has given me opportunities to learn about what interests me as well as having a platform to speak my mind and for the most part be heard. I would change the way we idolize sports and focus on bettering our community. I would also renovate on of our largest buildings to make it accessible for students with varying ranges of abilities.
The teachers and sports are amazing. The social acceptance and diversity assures everyone will not be left out!
Ashland as a community is pretty safe and AHS reflects that. Overall, not much attention is placed on security.
Overall, the school has wonderful opportunities for students to engage in a variety of activities. Many of the teachers are wonderful although some are hard to access outside the classroom and seem a bit checked out.
Start Your Review of Ashland High School
It is hit and miss. Some teachers are very good.
The teachers are nice and very helpful, but there are some who don't seem overly excited to help out.
I always look forward to clubs or extra curriculars they are a blast this school does them well