Ashland High School Reviews

I really enjoyed how there were so many unique and interesting classes to take, like Literature through Sociology, or Anatomy and Physiology. The teachers were also wonderful, and the arts education was also very good (although the music department could use a little more love and effort). The culture of the school very closely reflects the culture of the town, which isn't always a great thing, though. Recreational marijuana use by students, for instance, is not uncommon.
Ashland High School is fairly new with a big sports complex and a nice building. The teachers are either a hit or miss; you either get really motivated and helpful teachers or the exact opposite. This goes for the guidance counselors and the deans. My personal experience with the school has been alright. Besides a few bad teachers and unhelpful guidance counselors, I'd say it's a pretty good school.
Ashland High School has excellent teachers and good extracurriculars. The culture and diversity are severely lacking and often results in uncomfortable dynamics between students. The school prepares you for college and is very welcoming to all students. There is a wide variety of class options. The speech and debate program is incredible as are other OSAA activities. The school is very well funded compared to other schools in the area. Many students at the school are talented and gifted, and the par of teachers reflects that. With many classes offered at different skill levels, everyone can find a way to exceed at AHS! The administration is flexible and willing to accommodate to an individuals needs.
Start Your Review of Ashland High School
I grew up in Ashland, so I know a lot of the students I go to school with from elementary and middle school. I take a lot of AP and advanced courses, so my instructors have been good teachers with real interest in their subject. Elective choices are okay, but not great. Some of the buildings need serious renovation. Overall, my experience at AHS has been good.
Ashland High is a very welcoming and open place, although lacking in actual diversity. It is an outdoor campus with an average of about 1,000 students. There are some issues in administrations regarding the true wellbeing of its students, however they are very open to student led activities.
Overall it's a good school but it lacks diversity and a good amount of students smoke weed. The school counselors are good and staff is usually friendly. It's not perfect but compared to other schools in the surrounding area, it's fantastic.
i think the school could use more college prep. i think it also needs more then two advisers for over 1000 students, there's no way to reach that many kids to make sure there getting what they need. i got through high school because i played sports, they had an accountability system in place that made you stay on top of your grades.
All the teachers, guidance counselors, and faculty were open to help anyone in need. It was a very open-arms school, I felt safe and comfortable in my school. It was like one big family because everyone worked together, and everyone knew each other. We all wanted to see each other succeed. I was part of student council all four years in my high school career, meaning I spent most of my time with my advisor. He has helped so much in high school and even after I graduated. I was never afraid to go to him for help or if I had any questions about my future. He always stood behind me with every decision I made and helped me with where I am today.
Ashland High is a place of hot and cold. There are several teachers who I really love, but many are made to teach classes they are not qualified to teach.The administration is hard to talk to, but the students are generally wonderful people who are easy to get along with.
Ashland high school is moderately small but there are still plenty of people. There is definitely a drug issue however. I would guess that 65 percent of the people that go here do drugs consistently or have done them before. It also is not a very diverse school- the main race by far is Caucasian.
Being the Senior Class Vice President, I feel very involved and connected with the student body at my school. I am a part of many clubs and love going to sports games to watch my friends play. I’ve had some wonderful teachers over my past four years as a student at Ashland High School, but I have definitely had my fair share of teachers that I personally didn’t admire as much. I would like to see more diversity in the school’s atmosphere in the future. The school offers seminars for all students to begin preparing for college as early as Freshmen year. I have enjoyed my four years of high school, and will most definitely miss it when I graduate in 2018.
I live 20 miles away from Ashland High School and overall it was great experience attending this high school. It has rigorous academic and the teachers help the students if they are struggling. The high school also have a strong community where students can find a community of their interests
ASHLAND HIGH HAS VERY INVOLVED AND ENGAGING TEACHERS THAT MAKE THE LEARNING ATMOSPHERE CHALLENGING AND FUN.
Strong literature, theater, and creative arts programs. Outdoor Charter School and Night School are great options for non-traditional students or those who struggle with the typical classes. The faculty is supportive and well-trained. There are many different options for sports and other active pursuits for boys and girls.
More racial diversity.
More understanding staff (there's plenty of understanding staff, but more is more).
For some reason people think racism is funny, or ironic.
My high school experience at Ashland High School was one of the best. I have been able to become part of a large community in a small town, bringing us close together. The teachers work their hardest to give their students every opportunity to do great. Overall, Ashland High School is an amazing school.
Ashland High School has given me opportunities to learn about what interests me as well as having a platform to speak my mind and for the most part be heard. I would change the way we idolize sports and focus on bettering our community. I would also renovate on of our largest buildings to make it accessible for students with varying ranges of abilities.
Start Your Review of Ashland High School
The teachers and sports are amazing. The social acceptance and diversity assures everyone will not be left out!
Ashland as a community is pretty safe and AHS reflects that. Overall, not much attention is placed on security.
Overall, the school has wonderful opportunities for students to engage in a variety of activities. Many of the teachers are wonderful although some are hard to access outside the classroom and seem a bit checked out.