Ashland High School is a public school located in Ashland, MS. It has 197 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
101 School Street
Ashland, MS 38603
Ashland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A65 Students
- A-59 Students
- C+49 Students
- B+40 Students
- B-33 Students
- B+31 Students
- B-30 Students
- B+29 Students
- A-26 Students
- A+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Ashland High School
- B-Hickory Flat Attendance Center
- Benton County School District, MS
- 7 reviews
- CHolly Springs High School
- Holly Springs School District, MS
- 68 reviews
- B-Ripley High School
- South Tippah School District, MS
- 63 reviews
- B-Falkner High School
- North Tippah School District, MS
- 7 reviews
Ashland High School Reviews
Although some of the teachers at AHS need improvement, most of them genuinely care about their students. Ms. Sandy Childs is awesome!
I would never come back here if I had the option to restart. I love the principle, she's truly an amazing one! The children are very ignorant, selfish, and rude to everyone. Most of the teachers are very focused on our education, some slack academically but they are doing there best.
The school is okay , but it could be better. We barely take field trips or have anything exciting going on, but we do work hard! We went from the bottom of the grade scale, to the top of the grade scale since I have been in school.