Ashland High School Reviews

I enjoyed my four years at Ashland High School, The community is very close and everyone at the school wants to help you succeed not only as a student but as a person. The administration and teachers all care very deeply for their students.
WEDNESDAY IS PIZZA PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!
Ashland High School is a slightly above average school that is quite liberal, allowing students some freedoms in certain aspects. There are good clubs to join, with some focus on college preparedness that has been increasing in recent years, so hopefully that continues to be focused on. The academics have a diverse range though the school does lack the funds and resources to offer as many classes as would be preferred almost at one point only offering one language because of the lack of such resources. Sports would probably be a weakness for Ashland, with some good athletes but not due to training with Ashland usually but rather with outside clubs or teams.
Start Your Review of Ashland High School
Safe experience with teachers that seem invested in their students. Safety is a large factor from admin down to low-level staff. Kids that can learn are pushed to do their best while kids less interested in their schooling are still put into education programs that urge them to continue their studies. School spirit varies between grades, but teachers all support the initiatives.
Ashland High School is a great school community, but I often find that my teachers don't want me to do well in their classes. I understand that I take honors classes, and that they should be challenging, but it seems unfair to make tests so long that no one can finish them or tell your students that their grades are too good, and threaten to bring them down.
Great education system, great teachers, and a supportive environment. The school makes alot of effort to support their students and create a positive environment with lots of clubs and opportunities.
Pretty typical suburb public school. I had a generally positive experience but I mean it's still high school so not that great haha. I loved most of my teachers.
Half of the teachers were great, the other half had no idea what they were doing. The ones who didn't know what they were doing taught the students nothing, making them ill-prepared in following years (especially in subjects like math where the material builds based on what you learned last).
I love Ashland High School but there is also things i do not love about it, I love the special education department in which i am in, I think that the teachers are really nice in here and they show support for every kid.
I enjoy Ashland High School because I enjoy the student teacher relationships that I see being built everyday. I also like the availability of teachers or other students that can help you when you need the extra support.
Bad Teachers! Wouldn't do again!
Don't take Chemistry with Ms. Sherman!!!
Teachers are overall great. And a most of the bad ones are getting fired. Your course work depends on what level classes you take but it's definitely manageable. AHS is pretty highly respected academically.
Mostly white middle class. Some bullying goes on definitely but you can go to guidance counselors, coaches, the GSA, or many other resources if you're being discriminated against. But overall students are accepting and pretty liberal.
The school nurse is really nice, only problem is that she's not always there. Lockdown procedures are efficient and well planned. There is definitely some bullying that goes on but guidance counselors are always there to help you out. Overall, very safe school.
Girls sports aren't really respected even though they're pretty good but there are tons of great clubs in all areas of interest and all clubs are free. Theater and Student Council are definitely the biggest groups.
AHS has a great culture that really wants kids to succeed. There are tons of opportunities to make your high school experience as pleasant as possible.
Start Your Review of Ashland High School
With a few exceptions, most teachers are wonderful.
There are many extra curricular activity options. Whether youre athletic or artistic, there is always an option for you
The school offers some interesting classes that you cant find elsewhere. We also have great afterschool programs